Border News..

npm352

WKR
Canada has taken the "hide in our basement for the next _?_ years" approach. Some states are taking this approach too.

I feel bad for those who would like to go and give business, but from what I read pretty much everywhere, Americans are not wanted nor welcome in Canada.

Canada has taken the "hide in our basement for the next _?_ years" approach. Some states are taking this approach too.

I feel bad for those who would like to go and give business, but from what I read pretty much everywhere, Americans are not wanted nor welcome in Canada.
As far as I can tell, Canadians aren't wanted or welcomed in Canada.

NorthCountryAB

Lil-Rokslider

I can very confidently speak for a large portion of Western Canada in saying we want Americans and cannot wait until our friends south of the border are able to join us again.
As many have mentioned this has been devastating to our outfitting industry.

colersu22

WKR
Works both ways for businesses. Just north of me there is a big outlet mall and it is probably 60/40 Canadian plates coming down to spend money. A lot of boarder towns that had steady income from Canadians are missing out, crossing for gas is a big one I know of.

Are we in the middle of an active 4th gen international civil war right now? How would we know?

Fourth-generation warfare is defined as conflicts which involve the following elements:

• Complex and long term
  • Terrorism (tactic)
  • A non-national or transnational base – highly decentralized
  • A direct attack on the enemy's culture, including genocidal acts against civilians.
  • Highly sophisticated psychological warfare and propaganda, especially through media manipulation, internet trolls, bots and lawfare
  • All available pressures are used – political, economic, social and military
  • Occurs in low-intensity conflict, involving actors from all networks
  • Non-combatants are tactical dilemmas
  • Lack of hierarchy
  • Small in size, spread out network of communication and financial support
  • Use of insurgency tactics as subversion, terrorism and guerrilla tactics
  • Decentralised forces

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
Well there you have it. If you are fully vaccinated no masks indoors or out and no physical distancing. Vaccinated citizens have low likelihood of getting or transmitting covid.

Canada...........are you going to follow science?

tater

WKR
Well there you have it. If you are fully vaccinated no masks indoors or out and no physical distancing. Vaccinated citizens have low likelihood of getting or transmitting covid.

Canada...........are you going to follow science?
Nope.

The scientific method seems to have morphed into something i don't recognize.

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
Nope.

The scientific method seems to have morphed into something i don't recognize.

“Community based approach vs individual” What a BS answer. If you are looking at facts you either recognize that the vaccinated has low risk of transmission/infection or you don’t. Community vs individual is irrelevant if you are following science.

If the border is not opened for hunting season science has jack shit to do with it. But we all have known that from the beginning.

Reactions: OMB
I have this faint memory that the whole point of the quarantine/mask/isolation practice was to help with hospital bed capacity numbers, and not specifically around "not getting sick". Do I remember this incorrectly? Ill have to dig up old articles when I have a moment.

It seems to me that people have been propagandized into believing that if we wear masks and stay home that the virus will magically disappear and never come back.

BBob

WKR
I have this faint memory that the whole point of the quarantine/mask/isolation practice was to help with hospital bed capacity numbers, and not specifically around "not getting sick". Do I remember this incorrectly?
Pretty much what I remember and what some left leaning friends (one is an ED doc from Denver) were spouting. They kept on spouting that narrative even though it was pretty obvious at some point this was a weak ass pandemic and we all weren't going to die. Flatten the curve, keep from overloading the hospitals, if the hospitals get overloaded we can't treat and more will die. Never really happened did it?

Pretty much what I remember and what some left leaning friends (one is an ED doc from Denver) were spouting. They kept on spouting that narrative even though it was pretty obvious at some point this was a weak ass pandemic and we all weren't going to die. Flatten the curve, keep from overloading the hospitals, if the hospitals get overloaded we can't treat and more will die. Never really happened did it?
No, it seems to me to be a flu with a 99.98% survivability rate. Not exactly the Black Death of 1350.

The real question to me is "what exactly was going on in that Wuhan virology laboratory?"

BBob

WKR
The real question to me is "what exactly was going on in that Wuhan virology laboratory?"
The scientific key phrase here would be “gain of function” is likely what was going on in the Wuhan lab or at least a part of what goes on in there. No doubt we are doing it here at home too.

Last edited:

Chirogrow

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t want to get my hopes up for my moose hunt this year but finally a ray of hope!!!

I talked to my NL outfitter yesterday. He thinks the border will be open this fall for vaccinated people. He said they will know for sure 1st week of July.