Border News..

NorthCountryAB

Lil-Rokslider
I assume you are referring to Mexico or other hugh travel tourist destinations that would collapse without tourist $$. I don't think the Mexico border ever closed. These places are also within a few miles of an airport.

Canada has none of that in place as they have been closed.

If you were to fly out of Edmonton, Calgary, or Saskatchewan I doubt they will be able to provide any testing services. I mean when I hunt up there, I am in the bush hunting up until the night before I fly out. I assume that is the case with many.
Calgary and Saskatoon have rapid testing available in their airports.

Southeast

FNG
I got a letter from my BC outfitter this weekend basically saying they still have no idea if they will be able to host hunters this fall. He made sure to advise that we "not buy airline tickets or make any other arrangements at this time".

I can't imagine how frustrating this must be. We are going to offer to move our trip to 2023 if he can sell this year's spot to a Canadian resident.

Nomadx2

Lil-Rokslider
Calgary and Saskatoon have rapid testing available in their airports.

Sorry, spoke to soon ... looks like Edmonton also has it.

So the question becomes if rapid testing is available at many Canadian airports, why is travel dramatically restricted?

rwbowser

FNG
My October 2020 hunt in Newfoundland was pushed to October 2021. What are the odds it'll happen? What are the odds I can get away with just having a rapid test rather than a vaccine? As someone who is 42, in great health, not overweight, and had Covid over a year ago, forcing me to get this experimental vaccine is absurd. I really hope Canada's government comes to its senses.

I would say the odds of being able to enter Canada without proof of a vaccine card when they open up the border are zero. There are talks of partially opening border by June 21 or July 21 to people that have been fully vaccinated and have a negative covid test. So even with full vaccine they are still holding onto the test lol Hope they at least drop that !

Htm84

WKR
My October 2020 hunt in Newfoundland was pushed to October 2021. What are the odds it'll happen? What are the odds I can get away with just having a rapid test rather than a vaccine? As someone who is 42, in great health, not overweight, and had Covid over a year ago, forcing me to get this experimental vaccine is absurd. I really hope Canada's government comes to its senses.
My brother drove through Canada like a month ago. Vaccinated and a negative test. They turned him away at the border because he didn’t have food with him. He was planning on sleeping in the car. Nope, had to get a motel. They made him take a covid test over zoom then drive a couple hours out of the way to drop the test off. I only mention all this to kinda show how serious/silly Canada is. I’ll be shocked if you can vacation there without a vaccine for a few years.

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
They wouldn't even honor my buddies vaccination card last month.

I work in health care I am not sure what they will wind up accepting but I started gathering information today. I put a binder together of all of my documents. Travel plans etc. I also contacted the health information department where I received my vaccine and had them print off the records with my name birthdate covid vaccine brand lot number and expiration. Also it came with the person who administered it and their credentials.

My biggest fear is they will not consider the card enough proof due to possibility of it being forged.

rwbowser

FNG
My brother drove through Canada like a month ago. Vaccinated and a negative test. They turned him away at the border because he didn’t have food with him. He was planning on sleeping in the car. Nope, had to get a motel. They made him take a covid test over zoom then drive a couple hours out of the way to drop the test off. I only mention all this to kinda show how serious/silly Canada is. I’ll be shocked if you can vacation there without a vaccine for a few years.
Is it just the government who has lost its mind or has the average Canadian citizen buying into this? I’m in Florida, we have been pretty much doing our own thing down here. There are some true believers but for the most part life has been pretty normal.

Is it just the government who has lost its mind or has the average Canadian citizen buying into this? I’m in Florida, we have been pretty much doing our own thing down here. There are some true believers but for the most part life has been pretty normal.

Half of the people in this country are a bunch of welfare recipients, they’ll think whatever Prime Minister Sparkle Socks tells them to. It’s weird times, like a cult watching the CBC - and many people are still terrified of the Wuhan Virus.
The feds are paying out gobs of taxpayer money to keep people unemployed and I can’t get workers. You might want to keep a solid back up hunting plan for this fall that doesn’t involve crossing the border. If you can come up- be prepared for the ammunition shortage! Happy hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexaninSconny

Lil-Rokslider
I found this pretty interesting…explains the possible link between Covid-19 and an economic reset.

Been a lot of far-fetched ideas thrown out through this past year and a half, but a lot of this makes some sense to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
Spoke with a fishing outfitter friend today. It sounds like the first round of people getting in will be fully vaccinated citizens. Doesn’t sound optimistic for any US tourists until end of July or possibly August.