Border News..

CoStick

WKR
JNJ is approved in Canada. I'll try and find the link the feds released with the list.
I had looked it up and the issue wasn’t if it was approved, it was you are not considered “fully vaccinated “

WCS

Lil-Rokslider
I had looked it up and the issue wasn’t if it was approved, it was you are not considered “fully vaccinated “

It's on the list of approved vaccines for crossing the border, because it is approved for use in Canada.

CoStick

WKR
It's on the list of approved vaccines for crossing the border, because it is approved for use in Canada.
They must have just updated it, earlier today it was not approved for entry on the site, but currently is. I guess they probably received a lot of calls.

WCS

Lil-Rokslider
They must have just updated it, earlier today it was not approved for entry on the site, but currently is. I guess they probably received a lot of calls.

It was on the list I received at work yesterday morning, probably slow updating the website. It is the feds after all.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
i have seen an email from an outfitter from the yukon that says...the full vaccination requirements include both shots of pfizer,astra zeneca, and moderna..must be completed within 14 days of arrival to canada .apparently the johnson and johnson vaccine wont get you in???

So what if you had the vaccine a few months ago? You can’t get in?

The Canada border will open to US Citizens that are fully vaccinated on Aug. 9.
Unvaccinated minors younger than 12 entering Canada with vaccinated parents or guardians will not have to quarantine for 14 days.
Fully vaccinated travelers may not need a post-arrival test unless they have been randomly selected at the port of entry.
All travelers coming into Canada will need a negative PCR or molecular test within 72 hours of requesting entry.

Canada is threatening a $750,000 fine and/or jail time for possession of fake COVID-19 vaccination card.

buckpro

FNG
I've talked with a few guys, said as long as you have everything squared away with the Arrivcan app, and you vaccine and negative test, it was surprisingly quick and easy.

Racer00

FNG
Does anyone have any recent info on customs delays when crossing by air? We have a NF moose hunt the end of September and working on booking flights. I know in the past there have been horror stories about hours long delays to clear customs going in through Toronto and Montreal. Trying to be sure to have enough layover time. Just looking for some real time intelligence.
TIA

Joseph2186

Lil-Rokslider
I know I had a heck of a time getting a flight with a 3.5 hour delay in toronto for the same time frame. Im hoping this is enough time. Normally when I go through there its a hour or so to get through.

keller

WKR
So anyone know about driving? Do you need a negative test to get back into U.S.?

Wia07

FNG
Also tagging in on this. Flying to NF Sept 22nd. Do we need a negative COVID test before flying back to the states?

buzzy

WKR
Yes at this time you need a negative Covid test to get back into the US within 72 hrs of your flight. I did a lot of research with at home test kits that the airlines will accept. Suggest you look into a BinaxNow at home kit.

https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-at-home-test-kit/

They have a kit that you need access for a zoom call. You dial in, they check your ID, watch you perform the test, put you on hold for 15 minutes, and then come back and read the results. They then upload a form to their app that says you are negative and the airlines supposedly will accept the results. I did this yesterday for a test my outfitter here in the states is requiring and it was a breeze. I assume there are also test sites at the airports but one would need to plan ahead on timing and research what is needed.

If you are driving across the border I have heard you do not need a test.