Border News..

mooster

WKR

from today's article.....
Canada should “roll out further protective actions at the Canada-U.S. land border,” the premiers of Ontario and Quebec said in a joint letter to Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau last week.
And while Higgins thinks the two nations should be developing a plan for eventually reopening the border, Canada’s minister of intergovernmental affairs, Dominic LeBlanc, told CBC earlier this month: “This doesn’t feel like the right moment to have those conversations.”

mooster

WKR
spoke with a friend that owns some lodges up there and he's very doubtful of any summer biz. Says has American's cancelling in advance as they are committing to alternate locations in the US to recreate. Not good for Canadian friends. They should at least consider a vaccine passport of some sort like the EU is proposing.

My heart does go out to those Canadian Outfitters that depend on dollars from American Hunters for their businesses. I cannot help but think about all of those fishing lodges across the Canadian Shield. I am grateful that the lodge I frequent in Ontario is a side business for my outfitter and it should be around. As for the other lodges, I am not sure if they are the main source of income on the lake for those families or not. Might not be a good situation, but I hope they will be fine.
If there is a silver lining, those marble eyes will be fat and sassy by the time we get back there and jumping into the boat! Just trying to remain positive and optimistic for the future!

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
A friend sent me this link. Sounds like "devolution" might trump COVID border restrictions longterm. Wonder how outfitters feel about this movement? Strangely this devolution feels similar to Murkowski's (GOP) Land Transfer Acceleration Act of 2004.

OP
Short Track
Currently Canada has no exemptions for vaccinated travelers. Testing and quarantine as you cross the border.

WCS

Lil-Rokslider
A friend sent me this link. Sounds like "devolution" might trump COVID border restrictions longterm. Wonder how outfitters feel about this movement? Strangely this devolution feels similar to Murkowski's (GOP) Land Transfer Acceleration Act of 2004.

Devolution wouldn't mean any change to the border situation. Devolution is about empowering the territories (Yukon, NWT, and Nunavut) with the constitutional powers of a province, the U.S.-Canada border is under federal jurisdiction under our Constitution Act.

As for good border news, yesterday the Government of the Yukon said that they will open the territorial border to fully vaccinated Canadians starting May 25th. It's a least a few steps in the right direction.

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
Devolution wouldn't mean any change to the border situation. Devolution is about empowering the territories (Yukon, NWT, and Nunavut) with the constitutional powers of a province, the U.S.-Canada border is under federal jurisdiction under our Constitution Act.

As for good border news, yesterday the Government of the Yukon said that they will open the territorial border to fully vaccinated Canadians starting May 25th. It's a least a few steps in the right direction.

That is a step in the right direction! To me that means the government is acknowledging that fully vaccinated people are unlikely to transmit. I hope that same science based approach can be looked at when considering travel across the border.

That is a step in the right direction! To me that means the government is acknowledging that fully vaccinated people are unlikely to transmit. I hope that same science based approach can be looked at when considering travel across the border.
I'm curious about the science based approach to covid vaccine. It doesn't appear, to me, that the long term efficacy of the covid vaccine is known. From what I can gather, there isn't much "long term" to the vaccine at all.

example:

** in before "peer reviewed" **

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
I'm curious about the science based approach to covid vaccine. It doesn't appear, to me, that the long term efficacy of the covid vaccine is known. From what I can gather, there isn't much "long term" to the vaccine at all.

example:

** in before "peer reviewed" **

Tough to have long term data on a solution that is short term. There is data showing 95percent efficacy at 6 months they are still learning more about it.

Studies in Israel who have one of the higher rates of vaccination are showing low likelihood of transmission if you are vaccinated. US is currently running its own study. M

Point being if you can open up your interprovincial borders to vaccine it must be saying you trust those vaccinated people aren’t transmitters.

Just hard to follow all of these rules that protect citizens that don’t really seem to be consistent.

Tough to have long term data on a solution that is short term. There is data showing 95percent efficacy at 6 months they are still learning more about it.

Studies in Israel who have one of the higher rates of vaccination are showing low likelihood of transmission if you are vaccinated. US is currently running its own study. M

Point being if you can open up your interprovincial borders to vaccine it must be saying you trust those vaccinated people aren’t transmitters.

Just hard to follow all of these rules that protect citizens that don’t really seem to be consistent.

I agree. There is no long term evidence, because it doesn’t exist.

I feel like I’m being asked/required to take a new emergency authorization gene therapy “for the greater good” of everyone else, but myself.

The risk/opportunity matrix for all of society seems to point toward vaccination.

The risk/opportunity matrix for myself seems to point toward not taking or waiting until further evidence. Based on the data i gather for my age/health cohort.

Am i willing to sacrifice myself for all of society? Would this society sacrifice itself for me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broomd

WKR

from today's article.....
Canada should “roll out further protective actions at the Canada-U.S. land border,” the premiers of Ontario and Quebec said in a joint letter to Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau last week.
And while Higgins thinks the two nations should be developing a plan for eventually reopening the border, Canada’s minister of intergovernmental affairs, Dominic LeBlanc, told CBC earlier this month: “This doesn’t feel like the right moment to have those conversations.”
Flippin' loony. When is the time!?

WCS

Lil-Rokslider
Flippin' loony. When is the time!?
I'm honestly not surprised, our federal government is incapable of making decisions among other things. I think one of the reasons they only appear through zoom is that way no one can see their velcro shoes.