Border News..

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
I talked to my NL outfitter yesterday. He thinks the border will be open this fall for vaccinated people. He said they will know for sure 1st week of July.

I hope when they say fall they mean after the Aug 21 deadline and not the Sep 21

onetohunt

Lil-Rokslider
My moose hunt is booked for Sept. 26 thru Oct. 3. The worst part of it is, i didn't put in for any tags in the states so if it is not opened up, i'm stuck at home again. This virus crap has wore me out in more ways than one!!!

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
My moose hunt is booked for Sept. 26 thru Oct. 3. The worst part of it is, i didn't put in for any tags in the states so if it is not opened up, i'm stuck at home again. This virus crap has wore me out in more ways than one!!!

This is a total load of shit all the way around. If we loan or donate any vaccines to Canada this year any more than what we have already done then we should see some progress on border reopening.

If 75 percent total vaccination regardless if you are a vaccinated traveler or not is the goal I say figure your own vaccine procurement out and we will see you next year.

Canada has abandoned science. The only way to get your country to take vaccines is by forcing them to with endless restrictions and the promise of better days to come when you receive a vaccine. That’s not a choice that’s not free will. That’s manipulation. Your elderly population has a high rate of single vaccine delivery. Get 75 percent of your high risk populous fully vaccinated and then open borders to fully vaccinated people. That’s a reasonable plan I can get on board with. Not this I want to get re-elected made up science bullshit Trudeau is slinging. It’s no different than the CDC changing it’s mind every five mins. It’s all to get a desired response.

Nomadx2

Lil-Rokslider
Had a good conversation with my Doctor the other day about vaccinations. Based on his knowledge of current vaccine programs (flu, measles, chicken pox, etc.) is that there is a certain % of the population that will refuse getting the covid vaccination based on data from other vaccine programs.

He feels the most optimistic % of people who will accept getting the vaccine based on collected data is ~60%. the key word is "optimistic".

Expecting to get to 60% vaccination will be really hard, exceeding that is not realistic.

Last edited:

alaska_bou

Lil-Rokslider
The trouble is, the same people who think the last election was somehow stolen are the same misinformed people who think the vaccine changes a person's DNA. To try and argue with people like that is to waste your time.

Canadian outfitters have been receiving government stimulus money to carry them through border closures. If they wanted to keep booking people maybe they should stop screwing their own citizens with pricing in USD?

Squincher

WKR
The trouble is, the same people who think the last election was somehow stolen are the same misinformed people who think the vaccine changes a person's DNA. To try and argue with people like that is to waste your time.

Canadian outfitters have been receiving government stimulus money to carry them through border closures. If they wanted to keep booking people maybe they should stop screwing their own citizens with pricing in USD?

What about the people who know MRNA vaccines were developed in the 1960's but couldn't be used because they produced a violent auto-immune response, and that DNA research in the 1990's allowed scientists to modify the way the MRNA vaccines interacted to eliminate this response, thus producing a vaccine that is faster and cheaper to develop and produce, yet in the 20+ years MRNA vaccines have been viable not a single one has been approved for general use? Aren't you even a little bit curious why a faster and cheaper to produce vaccine was never rolled out by profit hungry pharmaceutical companies until there was no requirement for long term testing?

I can tell you, having worked for state and federal agencies, it isn't a bad idea to be dubious of most of what they say, especially during anything even approaching an emergency. There is always some level of incompetence in what they do, and occasionally outright dishonesty.

WCB

WKR

So instead of putting $5000USD they should put $6034CND?

Pitt

FNG
I wonder how the fishing and hunting will be if they don't open till next winter. 2 years of low pressure might make for some epic trips

WCB

WKR
I wonder how the fishing and hunting will be if they don't open till next winter. 2 years of low pressure might make for some epic trips
I would have to agree. I would love to have a sheep waiting on go right now.

NorthCountryAB

Lil-Rokslider

I dont know of any Canadian outfitters receiving government stimulus money?
Many outfitters are taking Canadian residents at very discounted rates. Some hunts dont have huge profit margins so it makes it tough to discount the hunt a whole lot more than the going rate.
Canadian outfitters definitely are not trying to "screw their own citizens with pricing in USD"
I know for us personally the logistics and cost of the flights made us cancel for 2020/2021.
But I think 2022 is going to be a great year, and I really believe we will see some great animals taken by many Canadian outfitters. Our friends south of the border will want to be quick to book when things start to look more promising, I really think 2022 and 2023 hunts will book very fast.

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider

If this truly does happen I am happy that the US is showing that Trudeaus I want to get elected covid protocol is self serving and not science based.

CoStick

WKR
You still need a negative test to re-enter the USA with 72 hrs of entry from any international country, but if true this is progress.

Nomadx2

Lil-Rokslider
If you travel outside the USA, you need a negative test with 72 hrs to get back in regardless of vaccination. I hope they change it though.

That doesn't make any sense. How are you supposed to coordinate a test within the timing of traveling back to the US?

CoStick

WKR
That doesn't make any sense. How are you supposed to coordinate a test within the timing of traveling back to the US?
They have rapid tests at airport, most hotels, and other set up testing spots. Pretty efficient south of the border thus far.

Nomadx2

Lil-Rokslider
They have rapid tests at airport, most hotels, and other set up testing spots. Pretty efficient south of the border thus far.

I assume you are referring to Mexico or other hugh travel tourist destinations that would collapse without tourist $$. I don't think the Mexico border ever closed. These places are also within a few miles of an airport.

Canada has none of that in place as they have been closed.

If you were to fly out of Edmonton, Calgary, or Saskatchewan I doubt they will be able to provide any testing services. I mean when I hunt up there, I am in the bush hunting up until the night before I fly out. I assume that is the case with many.