Border News..

tntrker

WKR
Spoke with a fishing outfitter friend today. It sounds like the first round of people getting in will be fully vaccinated citizens. Doesn’t sound optimistic for any US tourists until end of July or possibly August.
That would be cool with me, Oct 2 hunt date...Just need to know by Aug...

tntrker

WKR
I just hope with the announcement they lay out the metrics and not give us just this one piece of information.
It WOULD be nice. The balance of our hunt is due start of July. I'm booked the next 4 yrs with hunting plans and not certain I want pay for a hunt I can't use until 5 yrs IF I'm still able to hunt moose then....Nonrefundable....

OP
Short Track
I have a September hunt planned. I have no urge to fight or even plan with this non-sense going on. They can flip flop at anytime. Change their rulings if Covid picks up again. Or a variant comes in, or if a vaccine fails after 1 year. Too many variables to even waste my time with. The Caribou will live another season.

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
Chuck Schumer is fighting for you!

I hope someone is because this is a joke. I’ve written letters to everyone from my state officials all the way to northern border officials. You never hear back but I hope to some degree it helps.

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
I hope someone is because this is a joke. I’ve written letters to everyone from my state officials all the way to northern border officials. You never hear back but I hope to some degree it helps.

I would love for someone to explain to me the healthcare risk difference between a fully vaccinated American and a fully vaccinated Canadian.

Reactions: OMB

CoStick

WKR
I would love for someone to explain to me the healthcare risk difference between a fully vaccinated American and a fully vaccinated Canadian.
Close to nothing, in CO since January only 2% of positIve test were from people fully vaccinated.

Nomadx2

Lil-Rokslider

Well done Canada and US well done 👏🏻

This appears meaningless ... if I understand correctly, this just removes the 14 quarantine for Canadian residents upon re-entry to Canada if they are vaccinated. This is about the lowest possible threshold for reopening.

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
This appears meaningless ... if I understand correctly, this just removes the 14 quarantine for Canadian residents upon re-entry to Canada if they are vaccinated. This is about the lowest possible threshold for reopening.

It’s insulting to the citizens and to the business industry that Trudeau basically answers in used car salesman fashion. A little bit of hope is given by rumors. There is no clarity and just when people think they might get a little bit of good news this is the “plan” they are given.

The two faced we will follow the science but not really tactic is bullshit.

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
It’s insulting to the citizens and to the business industry that Trudeau basically answers in used car salesman fashion. A little bit of hope is given by rumors. There is no clarity and just when people think they might get a little bit of good news this is the “plan” they are given.

The two faced we will follow the science but not really tactic is bullshit.

I will say honestly though at fault of the US government if the Keystone pipeline would have been pushed through I think we might be following the science a little more.

Beendare

WKR
Schumer is one of the Swampiest politicians to walk the halls in DC, he talks out of both sides of his mouth- always pandering. The Dem party in the US has royally screwed Canadians on multiple fronts killing thousands of jobs in Canada, now after 15 months they are going to “Talk About It” Sheesh, disgusting ... All while the rest of the world is DOING something about it!

From the article:

With Canada’s announcement of small changes to its quarantine policy, it’s important to remember it’s been almost 15 months and the U.S. government has made ZERO exemptions for our Canadian family members to cross the land border into the U.S.," she said.
The U.S. decision to create international travel working groups didn't impress John Adams, either.

"They're talking about: 'We need to get together and talk about it,' " said Adams, a Floridian who owns a home in Canada

—-

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
Schumer is one of the Swampiest politicians to walk the halls in DC, he talks out of both sides of his mouth- always pandering. The Dem party in the US has royally screwed Canadians on multiple fronts killing thousands of jobs in Canada, now after 15 months they are going to “Talk About It” Sheesh, disgusting ... All while the rest of the world is DOING something about it!

From the article:

With Canada’s announcement of small changes to its quarantine policy, it’s important to remember it’s been almost 15 months and the U.S. government has made ZERO exemptions for our Canadian family members to cross the land border into the U.S.," she said.
The U.S. decision to create international travel working groups didn't impress John Adams, either.

"They're talking about: 'We need to get together and talk about it,' " said Adams, a Floridian who owns a home in Canada

—-

Put all the politics aside and just focus on the pandemic. The US is allowing supply from Moderna US factories to supply Canada. By next month Canada will have enough supply to fully vaccinate almost 90 percent of eligible people. Yet we can’t have any plan for reopening.

buzzy

WKR
What's really sick is Canada didn't give a crap about the travel ban last year. Hell, they took people in from everywhere except NA. Then all of a sudden when their deals for the vaccine fell thru, because they went with a China company for them, they put this 14 day travel quarantine in for Canada residents. Now they are all high and mighty trying to convince the scientific community that the vaccine really isn't that good and we still have to protect our people.

Do you folks really think a politician cares about someone losing out on a hunting trip?
I could see them thinking, that they have bigger issues to deal with than whether some one can go on vacation. trust me i miss the kootenays of BC, but i am have no hope the border will open this year. I do live pretty close to the border and used to cross all the time.

NorthCountryAB

Lil-Rokslider
My guide thinks the border will be open. Doesn't sound like it to me....
I am very confident it will be open. But I do think it will be cutting it very close for any American hunters wanting to come north for this fall.
IMHO book your hunts now for 2022, Any outfitter that isnt booked now will be once the border restrictions start to relax. On our end there is a ton of hunters calling looking for 2022 hunts already and I really think once the border starts to open the last few openings we have will be scooped up.