Bore guide

CodyB

Lil-Rokslider
What is everyone using for a bore guide while cleaning? I have an older one from midway but have lost a couple parts so looking to replace it with a new one. Thanks.

jdubrr

Lil-Rokslider
i just picked up a universal from mid way and so far so good! I have used the possum brand in the past with good success, but trying to find the right one for my new CA was almost impossible

B23

WKR
I have Mike Lucas bore guides for a lot of my stuff and they're probably the best of any I've ever had or used but you had to order them from Mike by emailing him then sending a check and waiting a couple weeks to get. Excellent products but a bit of a process. I haven't ordered a bore guide from Mike Lucas in a few years so I'm not sure he's even still doing them. If I recall he was in South Carolina somewhere.

I also have a couple Possom Hollow bore guides and they seem to be pretty decent too.

For what it's worth, if you go by what many of the "professionals" say an ill fitting universal bore guide and improper cleaning ruin more barrels than are worn out from shooting.

BBob

WKR
Lucas and Sinclair two piece. I went to Sinclair (Brownells) because of the hassle in getting the Lucas. Sinclair has a longer insert so in theory it's better anyway. By that I mean it supports the rod much closer to the chamber than the Lucas so less chance of rod rubbing on the lands @ throat.