Boresight recommendation

Pn8hall

WKR
Any advice on an economical but decent boresighter to get? Got a couple scopes to swap around and have been using the trick of removing the bolt and looking thru barrel and lining it up with a dot on the wall at 20 yards and then dialing scope to match the dot. It works for the most part but it's a bit of a pain in the ass. Thinking maybe its time to upgrade.

FURMAN

WKR
Unless you just want one to double check your zero after traveling you are already using the quickest, easiest method for sighting in a rifle.

rayporter

WKR
yep -just look down the bore.

before the labradar I would put a laser in the action in place of the bolt to line up a chrony. worked good and there was no danger of forgetting to remove it from the bore before shooting. I do know of a couple of ruined barrels from that.

V65Magna

FNG
I just look down the bore, and at the range, I'm on paper every time @ 50 yds. I used to employ one of the cheaper bore sighters that went in the muzzle but was scolded many years ago by my gunsmith, who told me that a muzzle (like other orifices) is for exit only.

davsco

WKR
yeah i like having hi tech/best tool for the job, but for getting a scope set up, just pull the bolt and look down the barrel.

Another way to boresight, and the most convenient way, is to use a magnetic boresighter. These simply attach to your muzzle with strong magnets instead of inserting arbors into your barrel. Magnetic bore sighters fit all calibers and gauges, and no other parts are required that can get lost or damaged