Boring rifles 6.5 PRC

Yep I jumped on the 6.5 PRC as soon as I could when it came out. I got the Bergara HMR 6.5 PRC ($800) to take for a test ride. I liked it- a lot.

So I finally picked up a barreled action from Boring Rifles here in my home town of Utah. It has the defiance anti gravity action with Boring rifles carbon barrel. Trigger tech trigger, Night Force NX8, atlas bipod sitting in an XLR Atom magnesium chassis that is stupid light.
The entire set up is 7.75 lbs. How is that possible I asked myself.
Then I convinced myself it would be too light to group good.

Well today I took it out and did barrel break in with it braked.
Then after several cleanings thru that process, I suppressed it and started to fine too and gather some data.

This is a shooter, a fast shooter with the 24" barrel. Yes it's long with the suppressor but I do have a titanium 6" coming soon.

This rifle seems to hold good promise.

Attachments

• bor1.jpg
    bor1.jpg
    491.8 KB · Views: 160
  • bor2.jpg
    bor2.jpg
    467.8 KB · Views: 157
That’s pretty sweet! Pretty dang versatile firearm for about any hunting a person would do in this country, and still light enough to pack anywhere

Doesn’t look as boring as it sounds

slowelk

WKR
What do you think about basically no fore-end on that stock? Seems hard to handle in most positions.

OP
mfllood3800
What do you think about basically no fore-end on that stock? Seems hard to handle in most positions.
With a 24" barrel this balances perfectly. I carry it from under the action as there is no weight in this stock.

STK-300

Lil-Rokslider
I attempted to purchase a boring parti starter 6.5 prc today but someone beat me to it. It listed its weight at 6.1 lbs. The Boring rifles are supposed to be very accurate but I have have never had a chance to shoot one.

OP
mfllood3800
I attempted to purchase a boring parti starter 6.5 prc today but someone beat me to it. It listed its weight at 6.1 lbs. The Boring rifles are supposed to be very accurate but I have have never had a chance to shoot one.
Wasn't me..lol
I opted for the anti gravity action.
When I went in there were 4 barreled actions ready to go and like 4 rifles complete.
He stays pretty busy

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yep I jumped on the 6.5 PRC as soon as I could when it came out. I got the Bergara HMR 6.5 PRC ($800) to take for a test ride. I liked it- a lot.

So I finally picked up a barreled action from Boring Rifles here in my home town of Utah. It has the defiance anti gravity action with Boring rifles carbon barrel. Trigger tech trigger, Night Force NX8, atlas bipod sitting in an XLR Atom magnesium chassis that is stupid light.

Then after several cleanings thru that process, I suppressed it and started to fine too and gather some data.

This is a shooter, a fast shooter with the 24" barrel. Yes it's long with the suppressor but I do have a titanium 6" coming soon.

Looks awesome man!

OP
mfllood3800

Can't see it in these pics but the XLR Chassis has a bag rider accessory that attaches cleanly to the stock and encompasses a QD hole.
lol
I was messing with options to add one until I saw they already thought of it.
Then there is the thumb holder accessory- perfect for the way I hold the trigger.
Nice touch.
Now let's get a dope chart placement thingy doohickey.

Chuckybmd

WKR
Not gonna lie I thought this was a thread about how the 6.5 PRC is boring. I know it’s all the rage, every new gun I see seems to be chambered in it right now.

That being said that’s a freaking sweet set up. Congratulations.

sdogn8

FNG
Followed these guys on instagram couple months ago and they build some really interesting rifles. Looks awesome.