Boring Suppressor

I have a 556 suppressor I'm thinking about running on my 257 deer rifle. Does anyone know if JES will bore a suppressor or anyone else that will? It's 1/2x28 thread. Should be plenty on meat left for 25 cal.

204guy

WKR
I highly doubt anyone would touch it. The end cap would be straight forward, the baffles would be another story.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I wouldn't. Unless you know the uncorking pressure of what the suppresor can handle vs the uncorking pressure of the host firearm.

204guy

WKR
^^^^ Good point. When you say 257, as in 257 Weatherby? That's a lot of muzzle pressure.

I have a 556 suppressor I'm thinking about running on my 257 deer rifle. Does anyone know if JES will bore a suppressor or anyone else that will? It's 1/2x28 thread. Should be plenty on meat left for 25 cal.

What you're describing is a felony on the Federal level. Its highly illegal to alter the bore of a suppressor other than swapping end caps on models that have that feature.

OP
lyle_destroys
What you're describing is a felony on the Federal level. Its highly illegal to alter the bore of a suppressor other than swapping end caps on models that have that feature.
I just came across that information myself actually. Thanks a lot government. Guess I have an excuse for another can.

Sent my application in in February........ anyone know the current waiting time?

Asking for a friend......