Born Primitive Outdoor gear

Any SG pants in particular or do they all fit with room in the legs? I have a quad/calf situation with most pants but haven’t tried any SG.
You didn’t ask me but the de havilland heavy’s are very friendly for guys with big legs…haven’t tried the others but it would
be worth a call to the SG office to know if there other pants fit the same.

Truly, they’re the best fitting pant I’ve found.

I thought when I saw Aaron Snyder’s name attached, it would be a made in USA line of outdoor clothing. It’s not. None of born primitive’s clothes are made in the USA.
he never said it was going to be made in the usa. kifaru jackets are made overseas. dont think the margings are there for clothing
At those prices it would be hard for me to buy the BPO pants versus something like KUIU guides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yea thats what i thought too. unless they plan on havign sales regularly going to be hard to gain a foothold in the market. they didnt even put hipzips in their hot weather pant and its almost 190$. mid layers seem a little better pricewise but i just bought an olive condor half zip grid fleece for 22$ a month ago. wish they'd list weights

You didn’t ask me but the de havilland heavy’s are very friendly for guys with big legs…haven’t tried the others but it would
be worth a call to the SG office to know if there other pants fit the same.

Truly, they’re the best fitting pant I’ve found.

Yup I have the De havilland lite pants and they are best fitting pant for larger legs.

sr80

WKR
i added the puffy coat to my cart but didnt buy it, and got an email a couple days later with a 20% off code to try and sway my purchase if that helps anyone

he never said it was going to be made in the usa. kifaru jackets are made overseas. dont think the margings are there for clothing

yea thats what i thought too. unless they plan on havign sales regularly going to be hard to gain a foothold in the market. they didnt even put hipzips in their hot weather pant and its almost 190$. mid layers seem a little better pricewise but i just bought an olive condor half zip grid fleece for 22$ a month ago. wish they'd list weights
Born Primitive has sales on their regular workout clothes all the time. It seems like damn near every few days I get a text or email about some big discount. Really hoping it's the same with this new outdoor line! 🤞 If the quality is the same and they have similar discounts, I would be extremely interested.

jmillr1

WKR
I bought the 1/4 zip and the frontier pants very happy with both of them. I could've swore it was made in USA but unfortunately its all made in China...

Worth noting the BP “site wide” sale running now does *not* include the outdoor line. I’m looking forward to trying some pieces, but I’ll need 25-30% off before I pull the trigger.

Someone mentioned the grid fleece being much less than Sitka, but it looks a lot like my Eddie Bauer and Mtn Ops grids, both of which were less than $40.

EDIT: fwiw my GF and I have a bunch of BP stuff, I haven’t paid full price for anything other than a BPO hat I tossed into an order to get free shipping

Last edited:

Kenneth@Kifaru

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor

yea thats what i thought too. unless they plan on havign sales regularly going to be hard to gain a foothold in the market. they didnt even put hipzips in their hot weather pant and its almost 190$. mid layers seem a little better pricewise but i just bought an olive condor half zip grid fleece for 22$ a m

just curious on where you heard that Kifaru Jackets are made Overseas? our parka tops and pants are both made in The USA and sourced with USA made materials.

hoff1ck

WKR
Worth noting the BP “site wide” sale running now does *not* include the outdoor line. I’m looking forward to trying some pieces, but I’ll need 25-30% off before I pull the trigger.

Someone mentioned the grid fleece being much less than Sitka, but it looks a lot like my Eddie Bauer and Mtn Ops grids, both of which were less than $40.

EDIT: fwiw my GF and I have a bunch of BP stuff, I haven’t paid full price for anything other than a BPO hat I tossed into an order to get free shipping
Ended up pulling the trigger on a grid fleece since I get the GovX discount. Man, it’s super nice. Really warm for the weight. Haven’t tried either that you mentioned, but it’s nice enough I’ll plan to buy another one just for every day use in the fall and winter. Waiting to see if they end up with a black or grey though.

montei

FNG
How does the grid fleece compare to something like the Klamath from first lite or the Sitka heavyweight hoody?

hoff1ck

WKR
Your reply got insert

I asked Aron about it in comparison to the Sitka heavyweight and his response was "A little less [warm]. Quicker drying."
That’s good to know, haven’t tried the Sitka heavyweight but wondered myself. The regular BP line also came out with a grid fleece hoody in black and another option in gray yesterday for 75 bucks fwiw. No zipper, but looks like a nice piece.