born/raised in wrong part of country

blackduck889

Been on here for a couple weeks and love it. I live in Michigan and have come to detest tree stand hunting. I made 1 trip to the mountains a few years back and have been completely consume with spot/stalk ever since. I belong in the mountains with bow in hand & pack on back. I have also found that most of my buddies arent willing to do what it takes. So I go it alone and actually prefer it that way now !

miller1

You just said what i have been saying for awhile, i am also from michigan and sick of tree stands and whitetails, i constantly try to talk my wife and kids into moving west, its hard to find guys to go with that want to hunt hard.

dryflyguy

I think it would be a lot of fun and challenging to scout out a wiley old whitetail, pattern him and the harvest him from a stand. I thoroughly enjoy my elk and Muley hunts, but I wouldn't be dismissive of the challenges & accomplishments of tree stand hunting those freakishly nervous whitetails.

I can't imagine a September anywhere else outside of the Rockies and rutting bulls, but I'd definitely be down with a November whitetail hunt. Frankly, I don't know if I would have the patience it takes to get one of those big boys.

OP
blackduck889

blackduck889

No doubt it can be fun, but for me now its the mountain type hunting that appeals to me. I think its the proactive part of it instead of the chess game you play with whitetails. Ive hunted whitetails for 31 years now. A mature whitetail is one tuff animal to hunt regardless.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lambfish