born/raised in wrong part of country

blackduck889

Lil-Rokslider
Been on here for a couple weeks and love it. I live in Michigan and have come to detest tree stand hunting. I made 1 trip to the mountains a few years back and have been completely consume with spot/stalk ever since. I belong in the mountains with bow in hand & pack on back. I have also found that most of my buddies arent willing to do what it takes. So I go it alone and actually prefer it that way now !

miller1

Lil-Rokslider
You just said what i have been saying for awhile, i am also from michigan and sick of tree stands and whitetails, i constantly try to talk my wife and kids into moving west, its hard to find guys to go with that want to hunt hard.

dryflyguy

Lil-Rokslider
I think it would be a lot of fun and challenging to scout out a wiley old whitetail, pattern him and the harvest him from a stand. I thoroughly enjoy my elk and Muley hunts, but I wouldn't be dismissive of the challenges & accomplishments of tree stand hunting those freakishly nervous whitetails.

I can't imagine a September anywhere else outside of the Rockies and rutting bulls, but I'd definitely be down with a November whitetail hunt. Frankly, I don't know if I would have the patience it takes to get one of those big boys.

OP
blackduck889

blackduck889

Lil-Rokslider
No doubt it can be fun, but for me now its the mountain type hunting that appeals to me. I think its the proactive part of it instead of the chess game you play with whitetails. Ive hunted whitetails for 31 years now. A mature whitetail is one tuff animal to hunt regardless.