Bosque Del Oso Bear tag

jaeger63

FNG
I'm Tony Cleveland from Colorado Springs. I was just informed yesterday via email that I was next in line after someone turned in their Bosque Del Oso bear tag. This is a 20 year tag and truly a once in a life time experience. I'd appreciate any info or advice from anyone who has hunted the Bosque. Since its a walk in only area I'm thinking a back pack hunt would be the way to go instead of trying to walk in and out everyday. Thanks in advance for anyone willing to share info.

Hunterbug

FNG
Hey Tony, I met you up there when you dropped your camper off. How's the hunt going so far?

OP
jaeger63

jaeger63

FNG
I killed about a 250 pound boar after 6 days of hunting hard and barely seeing any bears. I did not see one single elk on the Bosque in 6 days of hunting, only over on the Hill ranch. Ive heard they feed them to keep them over there and the game warden looks the other way because they are wealthy. Story of our country I guess. Double standards for the affluent.
Hopefully they move in there for your daughters 3rd season tag. Best of luck to you and her

#1antler

Lil-Rokslider
I killed about a 250 pound boar after 6 days of hunting hard and barely seeing any bears. I did not see one single elk on the Bosque in 6 days of hunting, only over on the Hill ranch. Ive heard they feed them to keep them over there and the game warden looks the other way because they are wealthy. Story of our country I guess. Double standards for the affluent.
Hopefully they move in there for your daughters 3rd season tag. Best of luck to you and her
Comments like this are inflammatory and useless in a public forum. Know what you are talking about before you spread rumors and gossip. If you want to accuse the local game warden speak to Bob Holder himself

OP
jaeger63

jaeger63

FNG
#1 Antler
I used the word "heard" because that is what was told to me by someone who was actually on the Hill himself and saw the food for himself in a barn. That person happens to be a police officer himself and did report it. It went know where. If you think there are not double standards for the affluent in our country then you're naive. The only thing I can personally verify myself is that I hunted the Bosque for 6 days straight and did not see one elk on the Bosque. All were over on the Hill. Seems strange to me.

Deerhunter6250

Lil-Rokslider
#1 Antler
I used the word "heard" because that is what was told to me by someone who was actually on the Hill himself and saw the food for himself in a barn. That person happens to be a police officer himself and did report it. It went know where. If you think there are not double standards for the affluent in our country then you're naive. The only thing I can personally verify myself is that I hunted the Bosque for 6 days straight and did not see one elk on the Bosque. All were over on the Hill. Seems strange to me.
The food in the barn could have been for other livestock but if it was for the elk, is that even illegal? In my state you can put food out but you cant hunt over it. I also hunted there for 6 days and did not see any elk but I was also checked by the warden and thought he did an excellent job.

OP
jaeger63

jaeger63

FNG
Deerhunter6250,
I too met and was checked by Bob Holder. I liked him very much and thought he was very professional. I would rather not believe he would look the other way on such a matter but I do whole heartedly believe such things do happen in our country with the influence of money and power. #1 antler is correct. I should not even have mentioned this since I have no hard proof. The seasoned El Paso county deputy sheriff who relayed this info to me sure seemed convinced they feed them, but again, that's just his opinion and would probably have a hard time proving it. I regret bringing this matter up on this forum and want comment about it again. My apologies.

#1antler

Lil-Rokslider
Deerhunter6250,
I too met and was checked by Bob Holder. I liked him very much and thought he was very professional. I would rather not believe he would look the other way on such a matter but I do whole heartedly believe such things do happen in our country with the influence of money and power. #1 antler is correct. I should not even have mentioned this since I have no hard proof. The seasoned El Paso county deputy sheriff who relayed this info to me sure seemed convinced they feed them, but again, that's just his opinion and would probably have a hard time proving it. I regret bringing this matter up on this forum and want comment about it again. My apologies.
Thank you for the apology. I know the ranch manager at Hill Ranch personally and I can assure you they do not feed wildlife they do practice sound land management to maintain excellent elk habitat. I am not naïve enough to believe that privileges' for wealth or power do not occur. Take our government for example

Deerhunter6250

Lil-Rokslider
Deerhunter6250,
No problem I appreciate the apology.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
xiaoxu425