Bottom Layer between your base layer and outer layer

I am looking for suggestions for an insulating lower layer that would go over your chosen next to skin bottom base layer and under your bottom outer shell layer. Something like the Sitka Equinox midi…. But more on the more economical side.

This is mainly for stationary tree stand hunts on overly cold days. A layer to go over my lower merino base layer and under my Sitka Stratus bibs for extra warmth. I was think maybe a pair of sweat/jogging pants but with tapered legs or maybe some kind of down layer.

thanks in advance for suggestions.

Drenalin

WKR
The Kuiu Peloton 97 zip-offs would be a good option. A very budget friendly option, if you could find them in your size, would be the military surplus M65 pant liner - synthetic instead of down, but decent for about $25.

Bump79

WKR
What I've done in the past is use a jogger style fleece (both sides) pant and size down to get the fit for layering. You want breathability and it needs to be a true 100% poly fleece if you do this. There are other options that cost a little more but I don't really see a benefit to spend the extra coin for stand hunting.

I just use long johns, kind of like this: briefs, long johns, maybe another pair of long johns over those, then pants.

Black Ovis has their 800-fill down too and bottom for half off today. No first hand experience but I know that down rocks when stationary.

Unsure of noise level.