Bought a used Kifaru Timberline 2 pack, what do I need

scpaisley

FNG
As far as adding on. I have a grab-it and I plan to buy a guide lid, any other essentials I need?

Trr15

WKR
Get yourself some ultralight pullouts to organize your gear and you're well on your way.

I use a DT2. I assume you have a frame? If not, you'll need that first.

I don't use a lid or grab it. Don't need it because the pack itself is more then big enough for 5-7 days of stuff. I would recommend a set of pullouts to organize your essentials as stated above. Other then a frame, I'd mock up and do some runs with it before buying a bunch of stuff you very well might not need.

I don't fret the weight of things I take with me. But, I don't purposely add 2 or 3 pounds of unneeded storage or carrying capability. Since the pack has enough built in

Last edited:
I know this is probably not what you want to hear, but, what you really need is to go kill the biggest bull, or buck or ram or whatever, and see if the pack will carry more than you can carry ;)

ridgefire

WKR
Im guessing it's the internal frame T2 you have but I have the DT2 and have the guide lid with a little pocket in it, grab it, meat shelf and two small hip pockets. Works great as a day or week long pack.

OP
scpaisley

scpaisley

FNG
Yes its the internal frame T2. I know I'm going to get the guide lid, but I hadn't thought about the organizers internally. Good call there.

Decker9

WKR
Something small that I did on my DT that seemed to help a bit, was changing out the zipper strings for orange ones (if their not already). Not that their hard to locate, but the orange does stand out well, Iv found it useful.

Yes its the internal frame T2. I know I'm going to get the guide lid, but I hadn't thought about the organizers internally. Good call there.

My buddy had the same pack plus 2 big belt pouches. He loved the pack but just wasn't quite big enough for extended Backcountry style hunting. It was good for 3-5 day hunts though. And it packed heavy loads just fine. You'll like the pack.

Small or medium Belt pouch for your strong side comes in very very handy. Be it to stash a small camera for on the trail pics, binos, LRF or just snacks to avoid the bonk. At the ready and one hand accessible. A Must Have for my K-Gear.

Second are the....forgive me if I get the name wrong...but the pair of K Clips off the accessory page on K.net. Basically a set of straps with the metal K clips. Will save your ass in a hasty situation to strap on gear or extra security for quarters, etc. Think $18 or so.

OP
scpaisley

scpaisley

FNG
Anyone bother with the pack cover or meat bag? I was thinking I'd just use my normal game bags.