Bought the Meindl Vakuum

Rbrok

FNG
I am an upland bird hunter, pheasant/sharpies on the prairies and ruffed grouse in Northern Minnesota forests. I was looking for an uninsulated wp leather boot. I have 2 pair of insulated Cabelas Meidl's, so I thought to try these.
First I got my feet measured and found I have grown from size 8.5 to a 9, and my feet have gotten wider. Ordered 1/2 size smaller per their website... boots arrived in 3 days.
Initial thoughts. Well made, generous gusset so these are a step in boot.(you don't have to tug them on) Laced them up snug, walked around the house, then relaced them. (Memory foam ankle support warms up and contours to your foot) Toe box plenty roomy and the heel is snugged in securely.
Break in...i walk my dogs 5k a day minimum on horsetrail or on prairie. First walk i wore normal weight hunting socks...mistake! Feet got too hot. (Temps in the 80,s) Switched to sock liners and a light weight wool...problem solved. I have never had such ankle support from a leather boot. Footbed is solid yet has some flex. I would think this boot would do just fine in the mountains. I've turned an ankle stepping into a badger hole on the prairie and it's no fun limping back to the truck having a trip ruined. 😒
I looked at the extremes but did not want an 11" boot...9"will suffice for my needs.
BTW... I'm 68, 5'8" 150lbs soaking wet. I believe these boots will last me through my hunting career without having to spend $500.

wseidel

WKR
I have four pairs of Mendl's - absolutely the best boot I have ever worn. Fit my feet well and last for many years of hunting and landscape/outdoor work. My favorite is the Perfekt Hunter...the one that used to be carried by Cabelas. In fact, when I heard they were being discontinued there, I bought another pair. Good to know that Meindl now sells in the USA.

Redwing

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the review! I've been scoping these out but I'm reluctant to purchase without trying them on. Please keep us updated as you get some more miles on the boots.

Do you have another boot you can compare the stiffness to? I'm curious how the shank compares to others.

Rhansen

Lil-Rokslider
I really like the looks of this boot. I’ve had several conversations with their customer service, they were very helpful and responsive
I ended up going with some Crispi Nevada’s because of a deal though.

I can’t say enough good things about these boots. I’m on my second pair and have no plans to switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Being a cheapskate, I can’t compare these to all the other high end brands. However, I’m very happy with mine too. They have well over 100 miles on them and are as comfortable as ever. Great ankle support and traction. Shank is plenty stiff enough for rough, steep country but not enough to change my gait on flat or trails. And price point is more palatable.

I’m not one to notice hot feet very much, but these are hot in the summer. I’ll have to try OP’s techniques.