Bouncing blazer helix jig vs boning tower jig.

Bohning blazer helix jig vs bohning tower jig.

Anyone use either of these? I'm leaning towards the tower. I want to put 3 degree helically on my 2" blazers.

Last edited:

RUTTIN

WKR
I have the helix jig and it does a great job, puts a lot of helical on my arrows and they fly great.

craitchky

Lil-Rokslider
I use the Bohining Blazer and like it a lot. Very easy, hard not to do it right with this jig.
I now use it to mount the 2" Rayzor feathers.

Juan_ID

WKR
I haven't used the ones in question either but I second the AZ mini fletch, puts a great helical on the blazers and so easy a caveman can do it...

vcb

WKR
I use the blazer helix jig for all my arrows. Works great with skinny shafts too...axis, injextions etc...it's a little slower but it's so simple to produce really clean tight fletching jobs

I've used the helix jig and the ez minifletch. I prefer the tower jig if for no other reason than it has a flat base and I can mount it on a bench or just set it on the table. It also accepts more variety of shaft sizes.

JRHawaii

FNG
On the tower, how do you wipe off the excess glue? Currently using a Bitz but takes longer and able to wipe off the extra glue with a Q tip.

If you use Bohning Fletchtite platinum, it doesn't stick to their plastic. There is also a foil tape that you can put over the arms that prevents normal superglue from sticking.

We have done it both ways with no problems although I prefer to use the platinum glue. The platinum glue didn't build up at all on the jig, just be sure not to apply too much glue to the fletch, as it will all stick to the arrow.

We've also done some using some string wax or electric grease to prevent sticking. It can get messy using the last two methods, but it beats pulling your fletchings off.

I trust the Helix over the tower myself. Like the consistency of doing one vane at a time in the same jig so every vane on every arrow is identical. It may take me longer but I don't care. Its about precision and consistency.