Bow Advice/ Thoughts

bisblue

WKR
Hey Folks,
I am a newer traditional bow shooter. I started last fall with a black hunter, I got a satori knock off and some black max limbs... Went to one small awesome 3D shoot in Nevada and shot an awesome super recurve a gentleman had.

I'm currently shooting a John's Custom Archery Optimus 2.0 19" riser and a set of Morrison Max 6 long limbs, pulling about 53# @ my 31"~ draw length. The poundage is hair more than I want, I have the Tom Clum online class and am trying that style.

I was debating trying out the black widow loaner bow program before ordering a new set of Morrison limbs in the 48# range... I'm not a big aesthetics guy, but was wondering what folks with more experience might think I would find going to something like a black widow takedown.

I really like getting one thing dialed in and just shoot the same bow and arrows, I'm just still looking for what fits best. My goal is to have a bow for elk, deer, etc... out here in central Idaho, I would like to gap shoot 3 under.

20210930_110509.jpg

Beendare

WKR
BW's are great shooters...but more of a conventional limb feel though a little softer than some at full draw. The BW's point as good as any recurve out there but not the arrow speed you are used to.

You will have to get used to more weight on your fingers at full draw with the more conventional limbs.

>

OP
bisblue

bisblue

WKR
BW's are great shooters...but more of a conventional limb feel though a little softer than some at full draw. The BW's point as good as any recurve out there but not the arrow speed you are used to.

You will have to get used to more weight on your fingers at full draw with the more conventional limbs.

>
Yeah I was debating trying their test a bow program before ordering new limbs. I'm not super into aesthetics, but would be about the same cost carbon fiber limbs and decent ILF riser as a Black Widow base model.

I actually have a hard time with the Morrison Limbs in getting my point on close to what I want, not sure if that is a speed thing. Basically had to go to a fixed crawl to get it 35 yards. Shooting a 32" 525 grain arrow.

Last edited:
OP
bisblue

bisblue

WKR
With that long draw, unless you go to a 34" arrow, your point on is going to be out there a bit.
Or see if I can get my arms shortened 🤣🤣🤣

I'm actually shooting 300 spine shafts, I was seeing a few made in 34" but they went to 340. Black Eagle vintage in particular.

oldgoat

WKR
Or see if I can get my arms shortened 🤣🤣🤣

I'm actually shooting 300 spine shafts, I was seeing a few made in 34" but they went to 340. Black Eagle vintage in particular.
Think the Black Eagle Renegades come in at 34" in 300 spine

Everyone is gonna love different bows. I have six different bows including custom built recurves and longbows. I shoot my satori with Uukha limbs the best and I have the most confidence with it so it gets the nod. Shoot as many as you can and enjoy the ride.

Beendare

WKR
Yeah I was debating trying their test a bow program before ordering new limbs. I'm not super into aesthetics, but would be about the same cost carbon fiber limbs and decent ILF riser as a Black Widow base model.

I actually have a hard time with the Morrison Limbs in getting my point on close to what I want, not sure if that is a speed thing. Basically had to go to a fixed crawl to get it 35 yards. Shooting a 32" 525 grain arrow.

Last edited: