Bow case/pointers for air travel

PMcGee

WKR
Yes, it must be YOUR locks. If they want access they need to request the key from you. They are supposed to inspect in your presence but I’ve had them take it to the back room and not let me in. I did not make a fuss in this case (did submit a formal complaint after) but it’s an FAA federal law they have to follow.
When we fly out of Philadelphia they don’t even inspect our cases. We lock them when we declare them and they tell us to wait 20 minutes if nobody contacts us we’re good to go. They must just x-ray them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

When we fly out of Philadelphia they don’t even inspect our cases. We lock them when we declare them and they tell us to wait 20 minutes if nobody contacts us we’re good to go. They must just x-ray them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That's my understanding as well. It's nice when I receive that treatment.
I try to take the bolt out if a rifle or barrel off if a shotgun in hopes the X-ray shows this and makes my trip easier!

MattB

WKR
"I've had bags with pistols just come out on the carousel before many times."

Me too. Hard-sided bow cases usually come out at the large item door (w/ skid and golf clubs), but soft sided bags come out with the rest of the luggage.

In San Jose, the TSA inspection is behind closed doors (like Philly) so not every airport runs it the same.