Bow case?

DaveN85

FNG
New archer here with a bow that is about to land at my local shop here in the coming weeks. Any advice on what type of case I should get for it? I see it being used more for hauling my bow around town to the range rather than on airplane trips. Will a soft case suffice, or should I invest in a hard case and fork out some extra cash on the front end?

I hate using a hard case. Heavy and awkward. I use one for big trips, that's about it.

Soft case, relatively cheap, til you decide what you need. During hunting season I frequently carry my bow in the vehicle without a case, use a sling that cups the cams and covers the string while in the vehicle. That wouldn't be legal in all areas tho.

Neither for me...usually...I have both and hardly use either for around town. I am lazy and dont care to unscrew my stabilizer and remove my quiver, etc. no body bats an eye op if you walk into the range with your bow in hand. For travel, I usually just put my bow on top of my other gear in the back seat of my truck. I will drape a bit of clothing over it if I want to keep it lower profile but theft is not much of a concern where I am traveling.

I will take a case for a longer haul.

d_bach

FNG
i like a hard case. I currently have a Pelican v730 that I store my bow in. I have some pretty good options of where I can take it with choosing a case like that.

Got the Plano parallel limb case and for 1/3 of the price of other hard cases, I'm happy. I wouldn't fly with it but it'll withstand regular travel and transport.