Bow Deals

Loper

WKR
Any good Black Friday bow deals out there? I’m planning on getting into bow hunting this upcoming year and am looking for an entry level or mid-range bow that won’t break the bank. I’ve been looking at a bunch of ads and Black Friday threads but haven’t come across any.

Is Black Friday a good time to buy a bow or would it be better to wait until after hunting season?

Thanks!

George Hamrick

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t look at Black Friday deals too much for bows, so somebody else might comment with more info there. In my opinion, right now is a really good time to get a bow. A lot of bow companie just released their 2022 models, so 2021 models are going at lower prices, and guys are selling their essentially new bows to get the newer models. Are you trying to get a new bow, or used?

GotDraw?

WKR
When i bought my first nice compound bow, I was also looking for a "deal"

I ended going to an archery pro shop just to "look around". The staff were so incredibly helpful and informative that I spent the extra money and bought my BowTech there, even though I was tight on money at the time and the bow cost $200 more than getting it online.

BEST archery money I ever spent, period.

Everyone at that shop are now great friends. My bow was set up perfectly and paper tuned perfectly. I shoot it with high confidence every time I draw it back. Each season, they check the entire bow, install new strings as needed and paper tune it.

Now, I buy them pizzas and gift cards to the local sandwich/ice cream shop when I visit because I appreciate their friendship and they do such great work for me.

HUGE, HUGE shout out to my buddies at Jefferson Archery, near Frederick, MD!

OP-- Spend the extra money and support your local archery pro-shop. They can set you up with a mid-level bow.

Best money you'll ever spend.

JL

OP
L

Loper

WKR
I don’t look at Black Friday deals too much for bows, so somebody else might comment with more info there. In my opinion, right now is a really good time to get a bow. A lot of bow companie just released their 2022 models, so 2021 models are going at lower prices, and guys are selling their essentially new bows to get the newer models. Are you trying to get a new bow, or used?

New or used is fine for me.

George Hamrick

Lil-Rokslider
New or used is fine for me.
If you feel confident you know what you’re looking for, look at the classifieds on here and archerytalk. If you aren’t sure, it is probably worth the extra money to go to a bow shop and get a set up. Shops will be selling the 2020 models a little cheaper now as well.

OP
L

Loper

WKR
When i bought my first nice compound bow, I was also looking for a "deal"

I ended going to an archery pro shop just to "look around". The staff were so incredibly helpful and informative that I spent the extra money and bought my BowTech there, even though I was tight on money at the time and the bow cost $200 more than getting it online.

BEST archery money I ever spent, period.

Everyone at that shop are now great friends. My bow was set up perfectly and paper tuned perfectly. I shoot it with high confidence every time I draw it back. Each season, they check the entire bow, install new strings as needed and paper tune it.

Now, I buy them pizzas and gift cards to the local sandwich/ice cream shop when I visit because I appreciate their friendship and they do such great work for me.

HUGE, HUGE shout out to my buddies at Jefferson Archery, near Frederick, MD!

OP-- Spend the extra money and support your local archery pro-shop. They can set you up with a mid-level bow.

Best money you'll ever spend.

JL

Very good point. It may be best to find a local shop. Problem is, I don’t even know of any in my area. I’ll have to ask around or look on Google.

If you feel confident you know what you’re looking for, look at the classifieds on here and archerytalk. If you aren’t sure, it is probably worth the extra money to go to a bow shop and get a set up. Shops will be selling the 2020 models a little cheaper now as well.

Yeah, that’s what I’m thinking may be best as I really don’t know what I’m looking for.

old_coyote

Lil-Rokslider
I have always said: better to have a cheaper well fit and tuned bow then a more expensive ill-fit and I’ll-tuned bow.

Finding a “deal” might lead you to make some concessions.

good luck, and have fun getting into the sport!

Check out solohntr on Instagram. He also had a website. Selling new prime bows for good prices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk