Bow for Daughter

Clarktar

WKR
I bought a diamond bow for my daughter. It is right handed. She is 6 and after shooting a bit more it appears she is left eye dominant. Do people think I should switch and find a left handed bow? When she concentrates and I remind her she uses the right eye. But it seems like her natural tendency is to try to use her left eye.

Not sure if I should wait or try to get her a left handed bow now and see how that goes.

Also, anyone know of a good release for a little girl? Right now she is just using her fingers.

Thanks,

MattB

WKR
I switched my daughter to LH for the same reason.

Do you know how to perform an eye dominance test? The easiest is to have her extend both arms out and make a circle with her hands (finger and thumb tips touching). Have her focus on an object in the distance through the circle and then have her draw draw her hands back toward her face. It should gravitate to the dominant eye.

If she is left eye dominant than she will shoot better left handed. I would be sure before you switch. However, making the change now will give plenty of time to get used to the off hand use.