Bow for my son

Gapmaster

WKR
Wanting some opinions. My 13 year old son is finally showing some real interest in shooting a bow. Tried to start him years ago but he wasn’t in to it. I have a an older Mission that I’ve tried to set up for him, but I’m not very happy with the results. (I’m not great at the technical stuff) I can do most basic setup work. Thinking of getting him a Diamond Archery Infinite Edge. It should be a considerable upgrade and I’m not sure I want to spend any more on the Mission. Any thoughts on this bow for a novice? Thanks in advance

My wife started with that bow in 12 and still shoots it today. She's happy with it and she feels no reason to change. I just purchased my nephew a diamond sb1 for his 9th b-day at end of month (he shoots a genesis now). Biggest thing i have figured out is make sure they are interested before laying out the cash. Lessons at the local archery shop really set him on the path for lifelong archery as well as taking him to our local forest walk target range.

OP
Gapmaster

Gapmaster

WKR
My wife started with that bow in 12 and still shoots it today. She's happy with it and she feels no reason to change. I just purchased my nephew a diamond sb1 for his 9th b-day at end of month (he shoots a genesis now). Biggest thing i have figured out is make sure they are interested before laying out the cash. Lessons at the local archery shop really set him on the path for lifelong archery as well as taking him to our local forest walk target range.
That’s why I’ve been hesitant on buying him a bow, but I want him to be comfortable and enjoy what he’s doing.

Maybe take him to a local shop to test some bows and judge his reaction. I took my nephew with and acted as though I was looking at bows, after watching me shoot he stepped up. Then I made sure to include him as much as he wanted. Pretty soon he was calling me to go and then I knew he was hooked. Always try to make it fun and do it on their terms. No matter what I always tried to set him up for success. I got more enjoyment helping him ( as well as my boys) then worring about any dollar amount I spent. Time flies and then there gone.