Bow Hook for Backpack

LWPost

FNG
Anyone have any recommendations? I really like the idea of hanging my bow from my pack hip belt instead of dropping on the ground if I need to glass or use both hands.

Trial153

WKR
I use a Sitka gear cover then I just lash the bow to pack with top and bottom strap through the riser. Never had any issue

stephane110

Lil-Rokslider
Check out the marsupial gear bow clips. They have some universal ones that can go on pack hip belts I think. Super low profile and works great.

OP
L

LWPost

FNG
those marsupial clips are exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks, everyone

ZDR

WKR
Check this out:

this works well…

LostArra

WKR
The answer is Hip Clip from Third Hand Archery. I have a Hip Clip on my Exo pack and one on my rock climbing harness for treestands and one on my hip quiver belt for practice. Third Hand has a strap for it but I don't use it.

Personally I'm not big on hanging a bow by the string, any sliding could be trouble.
Catch one hook or loose a hook and the clip hammers your peep or cuts into your string. I'd definitely make sure the clips are on serving rather than string fibers.

WRM

WKR
Check this out:

this works well…

SO...you are using it correct? Looks like an interesting approach. I had considered a tac sling clipped to my loop, but lots of reasons to not do that. This is similar.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I have used and liked all 3 in different applications.
montana bow sling
hip clip
marsupial bino rig clip

ZDR

WKR
SO...you are using it correct? Looks like an interesting approach. I had considered a tac sling clipped to my loop, but lots of reasons to not do that. This is similar.
I am…just got pack from a 3D shoot in NM, hiking at 9500 to over 10k’ elevation, ~4 miles each day. This was my first real test of it and the bow hitch was great. I’ll send a pic of it later.

I used to use a GamePlan Gear Snapshot Bow Sling...you can shoot with it on.

snapshot sling.png

Nowadays I prefer the Kifaru gunbearer, it's cleaner and I can get a shot off faster.

gunbearerwithbow.jpg

Gotta play with it, some bows stay more secure with a twist on the hip pocket.

gunbearerfull.jpg
gunbearerbottom.jpg
gunbearertop.jpg

I’ve tried tow different hip options, one that holds the bow grip and one that holds the string. However, I found the Montana Bow Sling to be superior to the hip carrying options.

Those jack up the balance of your pack, and you really can’t walk naturally with them or without holding them. You also cannot leave them on the hooks when going through brush. You also can’t use your bow to stabilize your binos without taking them off. All of these things can be done with the Montana Bow Sling.