Bow Hook for Backpack

WRM

WKR
I am…just got pack from a 3D shoot in NM, hiking at 9500 to over 10k’ elevation, ~4 miles each day. This was my first real test of it and the bow hitch was great. I’ll send a pic of it later.

Yeah please do. I'm thinking I'll try it for local hunting at least. Gotta stay frosty with our mean ass hogs.

ZDR

WKR
OK, @WRM
here are a few pics of how the bow hitch works. Its great for hiking, even in rough terrain. The black nylon strap just threads through your should strap attachment on your pack. It keeps the bow right at your side at hand level. I can glass and range with both hands and the bow is always within easy reach. Its also easy to unhook from the strap. My shoulders and arms are significantly less tired from carrying my bow after a long day of hiking in rough terrain. I'm showing it here attached to my Kifaru hunting pack, but have also carried it on my daypack as well. BTW: the black strip between the two mounting screws is just some ultra thin felt for when I attach my tight spot quiver over the top of the BH. The tight spot mounting bracket uses the same two screws that attach the BH to the sight.
BW4.jpgBW5.jpgBW3.jpgBW2.jpg

ElCapitan

FNG
Glad to be a part of this conversation. I am one of the owner/inventors of the Bow Hitch and would be happy to answer any questions you all may have. We have a few videos on YouTube that explain it in more depth. No matter what carrying system you all choose good luck this season and stay safe!

Reactions: WRM

WRM

WKR
Glad to be a part of this conversation. I am one of the owner/inventors of the Bow Hitch and would be happy to answer any questions you all may have. We have a few videos on YouTube that explain it in more depth. No matter what carrying system you all choose good luck this season and stay safe!

Thanks. Looks like just what I was searching for.

WRM

WKR
Got my Bow Hitch and installed it. Couple of comments.

Nice fit and finish. Thumbs up there.

Pretty much what I "imagined" when I was thinking about a carry method. Thus my thought of a tac sling clipped to my loop (though I knew that really was not a good idea).

I got it for my treestand bow, which has an HHA pendulum style sight. I didn't anticipate the interference with that sight if the Hitch was mounted as intended (under quiver bracket). I ended up mounting Hitch on top of my spacer block for that sight. I have to use a big spacer to get enough windage on thinner sights, so this really wasn't an issue for me. If you are using an extended rail style sight, you should not have any issue (see their install video).

Intended carry style is quiver in, which seems like I may not care for. But, if I carry it "goofy foot" fletches will be forward and arrows could get pulled out more easily in brush. I'll just have to decide how it works best for me. I've not had a chance to do anything but try it on my pack in the house so far.

End of the day, for what I want it for, I like it. When stand hunting, I only use a single walking stick and in my right hand, so this should allow me to carry in a quick ready state. Hogz B Ware!

ZDR-thanks for reco on it. Good product guys!