Bow hook/holster

Who uses a belt mount style bow hook while doing all day stalks/still hunts. I’ve never used one but thinking of trying one for archery elk this September. There are several models on amazon, not sure which one will perform the best in the field. I’ll probably attach it to my pack belt as I don’t usually wear a belt. I shoot a Hoyt Nitrum with the wood grip.

I have one made by Third Hand Archery. I like it better than most of them I see on amazon because it pinches the bowstring tight so it doesnt slide and tip the bow forward and backward. It doesn't really work to walk with the bow hooked, but when you stop to glass, its nice to hook the bow quick and have both hands free.

Super 91

Lil-Rokslider
I used to use one that you put on your belt that had a metal "U" shape inside it, with felt inside the bottom of the "U". this was fine, but you could not walk very well with it. But if you stopped for a minute, it was a great place to hang your bow so it wasn't laying on the ground. I don't use them any more, I just put my bow on my shoulder or lay it down when I hunt out West.

LostArra

WKR
I have one made by Third Hand Archery. I like it better than most of them I see on amazon because it pinches the bowstring tight so it doesnt slide and tip the bow forward and backward. It doesn't really work to walk with the bow hooked, but when you stop to glass, its nice to hook the bow quick and have both hands free.

I use the Third Hand Archery Hip clip on my pack belt, the same as cornfedkiller but I do walk with it on the hook. Just invert the bow. When hunting with my recurve I use the hip clip to glass but just carry the bow in hand.IMG_5992.JPG