Bow issue rokslider input would be appreciated

NYSKIER

WKR
I've been shooting my bow almost daily and it's sighted in completely fine. Yesterday I was out with my girlfriend shooting and we were both dead on no issues. This morning we went out and both of use were shooting a few inches low out of nowhere but still good groupings. Both of us were puzzled since we did nothing to tamper with our bows and everything was tight and squared away as it should be. The temperature here has been in the 50's to 60's but Friday and yesterday it climbed to the high 80's and humid. This morning the temperature dropped down again to no humidity and in the low 60's to high 50's.

Could the rapid temperature change have effected out cables or strings? If so is there anything that we should do or will they go back to normal once the temperature stabilizes?

Thanks in advance guys

Usually gonna be anchor point change or peep sight movement when left and right doesn't change

New string stretch, sight rest movement, d loop position

Check each of these but usually it's just shooter form changes
It only takes a little to create a few inches

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

EsteemGrinders

Lil-Rokslider
Did you happen to leave the bow in the car/truck for an extended time while it was in the higher temps.? If so I have seen this cause strings to stretch in the past. Couple twist to the strings would get you back in shape.

my bow varies quite a bit depending on the temperature.
Cold = lower
hot = higher
been a while since I had physics, but it sort of makes sense that the cold would make the string and limbs less springy.

OP
N

NYSKIER

WKR
Thanks for all the input we are going to shoot again tomorrow and see if anything is different. The bows had both been out of the back of the truck during the hottest part of the day but it could have been pretty hot in the garage. My bow also felt a little easier than normal to draw. Do you guys thing that this could have been a sign of string stretch?

Davebuech

WKR
I have not found, in my experience, temperature and or humidity affecting the bow to any significant degree. It will have affect on the shooter but not much the physics of the bow and or arrow itself. I sight my bow in and have shot, indoors & outdoors in all ranges of temperature and have not had to readjust sights.
Can a newish string still have string creep? Yes, but that in itself will not change your impact point as you describe. You may notice a difference in peep & D loop rotation/alignment but that's about it.
I would say it is either in your form (you are holding different anchor point, looking through the peep different, or even gripping different) or something is loose on the bow itself. In other words, you've got a screw loose! LOL. Be sure to recheck every screw on your bow, starting with the cams. I like to use blue lok-tite on all my screws to be sure they don't loosen up. I also actually mark every screw on my bow so a quick visual check will show any change of position (loosening).
Check also that your peep is served in correctly so it has not/ is not sliding up or down.
Good luck and let us know what you find.

OP
N

NYSKIER

WKR
I have not found, in my experience, temperature and or humidity affecting the bow to any significant degree. It will have affect on the shooter but not much the physics of the bow and or arrow itself. I sight my bow in and have shot, indoors & outdoors in all ranges of temperature and have not had to readjust sights.
Can a newish string still have string creep? Yes, but that in itself will not change your impact point as you describe. You may notice a difference in peep & D loop rotation/alignment but that's about it.
I would say it is either in your form (you are holding different anchor point, looking through the peep different, or even gripping different) or something is loose on the bow itself. In other words, you've got a screw loose! LOL. Be sure to recheck every screw on your bow, starting with the cams. I like to use blue lok-tite on all my screws to be sure they don't loosen up. I also actually mark every screw on my bow so a quick visual check will show any change of position (loosening).
Check also that your peep is served in correctly so it has not/ is not sliding up or down.
Good luck and let us know what you find.

Thanks for the help yea I'm pretty sure that my anchor is the same because I have three distinct repeatable points but you never never know. I'm going to make sure that everything is tight tonight and I'll go back out and see how I do tomorrow before work. Thanks for all the input guys I'll let you know what happens tomorrow.

I have noticed some differences at 4000' elev changes, and at distances further than 2nd pin, but never temp changes. Not saying it wouldn't have some affect but most likely not a "few inches". I sight and practice all summer at 80-90 degrees, then hunt at 30-50.

I listed what I believe were the "possible" things to check.

I was sighted in for Utah (6000') went mule deer hunting in AZ- 300'. Each pin was off by the same distance of almost the Rhinehart block. I thought wow, altitude really affects it.

Then I noticed my rest worked loose, slid down, and once I resighted, and verified it was almost identical at both locations.

Just check everything and verify the cam timing using the marks on your bow in relation to your string. If they are in same place as before, your string/cables aren't stretching enough to do any thing.

You have a good idea to re shoot and see if it was just form, where you placed the pin, anchor, even the wrist strap can be looser or tighter creating a change in draw length. A more bent bow arm, lowered front shoulder- so many things are more likely this culprit than weather.
Just my opinion

jmez

WKR
Happens to me all the time. Sometimes high, sometimes low, sometimes right, sometimes left. I'ts always me. I've learned the hard way, never change anything based on one shooting session. Some days I just don't shoot very well. If I know the bow is sighted in, on those days when I'm missing I just put it away and don't worry about it.

Scoot

WKR
Good replies above. Either your equipment changed (string stretch, d loop moved, peep moved, etc) or your form changed. Highly unlikely it was due to temp differences. Significant elevation change can make a difference, but it doesn't sound like that was the case.

OP
N

NYSKIER

WKR
Hey guys thanks for all the help I'm a firm believer in the method that jmez mentioned above over not changing anything after one session. Last night I checked my cam timing, the level of my rest and sight and everything was good to go. Got out this morning first shot was right on then I shot a bunch low again before I noticed I had started to drop my bow arm. Don't know when that new bad habit started but I spend the rest of my session working on getting back to good form. Thanks for all the help and replies really appreciate it

To answer your question, yes stretch can affect poundage. However, I would not change anything based on on day of shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What got people thinking about weather was you stated it happened to both you AND your lady friend. That probably set some people up in wonder why both

OP
N

NYSKIER

WKR
What got people thinking about weather was you stated it happened to both you AND your lady friend. That probably set some people up in wonder why both

Yea it was was odd that both of us were doing it at the same time. She hasn't made it out to shoot yet today so we'll see what happens with her I've got a feeling we just were having a bad day

mauiarcher

Lil-Rokslider
That is first thing I thought that it is odd both were shooting off. If it was elevation, I would think maybe a range finder/distance miscalculation.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk