Bow Maintenance

I'm new to archery and have been shooting since December 2021. When should I take my bow into a shop to get looked at for preventive maintenance? I shoot on the weekends. A few hundred arrows over each weekend.

Bowtech Gaurdian
60lb
27inch

Krim559

Lil-Rokslider
I was told by my buddy who got me into bows for next year that after the initial 300 arrows through it to get it maintenance as the strings will stretch and the bow will settle in.
After that, he mentioned to apply string wax after every outing to maintain longevity of the strings.

I'm new as well so I'd like any additional information if others could chime in

Kularrow

Lil-Rokslider
Id take in at the beginning of Summer before season to make sure your poundage is where you want it and your cams are in time. Even if you’re not switching arrows, it’s always good to rerun through paper and make sure everything is the same spec.

I was told by my buddy who got me into bows for next year that after the initial 300 arrows through it to get it maintenance as the strings will stretch and the bow will settle in.
After that, he mentioned to apply string wax after every outing to maintain longevity of the strings.

I'm new as well so I'd like any additional information if others could chime in
I would agree that 300 arrows or so is enough to fully settle your strings. You can take your bow back in to get the shop to re-time the cams and get it tuned up. Shouldn’t take much.

As far as waxing strings, I would NOT wax after every outing. String wax holds dirt, so an overwaxed string can actually cause premature wear. If your string doesn’t have a decently glossy look to it, then it may need wax. If you’re seeing dried and frayed pieces of fuzz all over the string, it’s way too dry and probably needs to be replaced. I usually wax once every few weeks if I am shooting DAILY. If not, I’ll check it each outing and just be sure the string still looks fresh.