Bow Poundage

a3dhunter

WKR
I've bought my last couple bows used, hard to get something besides a 70lb bow unless you want to drop lower.
My PSE xforce is set maxed out at 68.8 lbs right now.

Vacrt2002

Lil-Rokslider
Sadly I sold my Bowtech Equalizer over ten years ago. It was set at 52lbs and killed dozens of WT. I was convinced that I need a new bow by a LGS and I got a CRX-32 @70lbs....it kills no different that the Equalized did.

Sitting for hours in the cold and coming to full draw on 70lbs is much harder than 52lbs.

Short answer made long is 70!!!

Holt CRX@70

Last edited:

TN731

FNG
I shoot 72lb on my Hoyt. There is no doubt that I could pull 90lb, but I want to make sure I am making as little of movement as possible when pulling back my bow. I practice out of a chair pulling straight back, I don’t want to have to struggle to do so. If you are have to point your bow to the sky to pull it back, you need to drop poundage. There are other ways to increase speed and energy than just poundage. Tune your arrows.

gretch6364

Lil-Rokslider
Shot 70# bows for 20 years..always maxed. Ordered an Elite Kure this season with the 65# limbs and while I can without a doubt still draw 72 just fine...I only lose about 8 fps and at 66lbs it feels like I am shooting a kids bow it is so damn easy and smooth to draw.

Still shoots a 520g arrow 258 fps. I am sold on 65lbs limbs, but probably wouldn't go down any further...which means I will probably have to order new bows going forward. Luckily I only buy a new bow every 7 to 10 years.

Zac

WKR
I went from an 83 lb Hoyt Defiant to 68 lbs on the VXR. Basically much easier to go shoot if you haven't pulled a bow back in 2 weeks. I do miss launching 570 grain Valkyries at 270 fps though.