Bow Press - No permanent mount required

BKhunter

WKR
Hey All,

I am in the market for a bow press. My issue is I can't permanently mount it somewhere due to limited space. Any recommendations on which to go with or any work around?

BK

TJ

WKR
I have an EZ Green press that I mount to a Ryobi Miter Saw stand.

It's easy to remove the press and you can take the press to the range if you need to.
You can also use the stand for a draw board if you attach a winch.

GarrettCrain

Lil-Rokslider
I’m limited on space as well, in an apartment. I have the EZ green press and vise and am able to set it on the floor or table to get my work done. It just has to be leaned back a bit to stay upright. I don’t have a draw board though, that would make it different and much more difficult.

Whisky

WKR
I have an EZ Green I mount on my reloading bench with clamps. Works fine.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I use a Sure-Loc Xpress and move it back and forth all the time. It goes in the same spot as my reloading press and stuff, so I just switch them out when I need to........less than a 5 minute job.

OP
B

BKhunter

WKR
I use a Sure-Loc Xpress and move it back and forth all the time. It goes in the same spot as my reloading press and stuff, so I just switch them out when I need to........less than a 5 minute job.

Do you use C clamps to just lock it down. That was my concern as I want to have a reloading set up as well. DO you have any photos of your set up?

- - - Updated - - -

Buckeye Bow-A-Constrictor. Can collapse down into a pelican case. Stands and draw board available.

Thread here:

Bow A Constrictor Press

Thanks Brendan! I've had my eye on that one for awhile and now that we are in our home I'm finally ready to pull the trigger on one. I keep coming back to the Bow A though.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Do you use C clamps to just lock it down. That was my concern as I want to have a reloading set up as well. DO you have any photos of your set up?

No, I use four bolts. On the right side the front bolt hole is also used by my loading press, along with the open hole next to it on the right. Then I just bolt the entire reloading wood base with everything to the bench using the bolts for the press.

Attachments

• 100_4004.jpg
    100_4004.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 99
  • 100_4005.jpg
    100_4005.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 94
  • 100_4006.jpg
    100_4006.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 92

Beendare

WKR
I mounted mine to a small piece of plywood

I made a bow press from the DIY section of Archery Talk.....lots of info there. Takes about 4 hours and some welding skills.

I used a sheet of plywood about one foot wide by a little longer than the press itself...makes a stable base.

bowpress making.jpg
bowpress1.jpg

WKR
Bow tune machine, formerly bow time machine I think. I got the stand so it's completely portable, presses the bow vertically. I like mine.

I used to just clamp my LCA EZ Green press to my desk or work bench. I wanted to be able to easily move it for other work. 2 large clamps worked great.

I use an LCA EZ green press mounted to a 2 x 6. I can take the press anywhere that it will fit and i can use my standard work bench for other projects or the press.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

MattB

WKR
Bow tune machine, formerly bow time machine I think. I got the stand so it's completely portable, presses the bow vertically. I like mine.
This is what I have mounts vertically so it takes up very little space.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

lintond

WKR
I have an EZ green. It hangs on the wall when not in use. I used to just clamp it to keep it stable on my work bench. Recently stepped up my game and installed a couple tee nuts in my workbench so I can easily boot/unbolt it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk