Bow quiver or something else?

Broken Arrow

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a new recurve last summer and have always used a back quiver. I don't see me dragging around a heavy leather back quiver on a backpack hunt. Trying to decided on a limb bolt quiver or a light weight quiver I can attach to my pack. What do you use and way do you prefer it?

bowinhand

WKR
Eagles flight archery four arrow quiver. Light weight, dampens bow vibration, arrows are allways at hand.

Shrek

WKR
Back when I still bow hunted I lost 5 arrows in 3 days hunting. Missed all five deer for 5 different reasons . It was a frustrating hunt to say the least. I had 8 so I was in the game to the end though.

Shrek

WKR
I've done three shots at one also , a perfect 10pt and the best part of that debacle is the first shot was at 12 steps from the base of the tree broadside standing still !

Shrek

WKR
No, I did not connect. I shot over him at 12 steps because I had never shot from that high before . I twisted around to my left and stooped to try and thread it through hole in the bush and all bound up and stooped I pulled it back right and shaved his arse at 25 yards. Then my arrow hit a twig on the way to a 40 yard shot. He fiddled around and then made a new scrap at about 60 yards. Practicing off a 16 ft ladder stand then using a climber to climb to about 40 ft is a recipe for disaster. Breaking your form to bend around a tree doesn't work well and the twig ..well , I don't blame myself for that as it was lost in the shadows 25 yards away and I only saw it as it fell into the light and hit the ground.

slvrslngr

WKR
Use a 4 arrow bow quiver and then carry a few extras on your pack using a lightweight tube. Another option would be a Safari Tuff or Raptor side quiver. A Cat Quiver is a third option, but you definitely want to try one out before heading into the mountains, some guys love them others loath them.

OP
Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow

Lil-Rokslider
Lmao @ Daveinjax! Yep don't practice from elavation and you are gonna fail! It's just the nature of the beast when it comes to shooting instinctive! Hell I lay on my belly and shoot kneeling standing left handed (limit of 15 yards) and any other position I can think of.

Shrek

WKR
This was way back in '89 or '90 . I had been shooting a bow for two weeks. It was a pearson ultra 80lb compound. It was a beast and sounded like gun going off when I shot it.

OP
Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow

Lil-Rokslider
Even better! I started with a whitetail hunter II loudest slowest compound bow I ever had! I missed so many deer with it! Wasn't till I got my recurve that I had success.

TheRambler

Lil-Rokslider
I guess I am just the rare exception. I usually only have 2 arrows with me. Sometimes only 1. I just use a small mailing tube with some foam in the bottom as a quiver strapped to my pack. The most I ever carry is 3, 2 broads and 1 blunt for stump shooting at camp etc.

G Posik

WKR
I made myself a quiver from a plastic document tube. I carry 6 arrows inside the tube. It helps protect the feathers and I can attach it to any of my packs. I have tried bow quivers and just do not like them.

Glenn

Lost Arra

FNG
>>Use a 4 arrow bow quiver and then carry a few extras on your pack using a lightweight tube.<<

+1
I just don't want another strap around my neck or shoulders.

OP
Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow

Lil-Rokslider
Thinking I'm gonna try the bow quiver and leave some arrows at the truck and if I have to I can always hike back out for more.