Bow recommendations for shorter draw folks?

WakePraySlay

Lil-Rokslider
Elk shape on YouTube has a 27 inch draw length and he has no problems dropping bulls while shooting Mathews. Most modern bows cam systems are highly adjustable to the user, you could easily use a V3 27 at that draw length the range is 25 - 29.5 I would shoot multiple new bows and pick the one that feels best for YOU. As stated before you’re always going to be at a “disadvantage” in the kinetic energy department. You’ll have find ways to balance that out whether it’s a heavier arrow set up or 80lb limbs, short dudes just like tall and normal dudes have been getting it done since this thing jumped off, just do your homework before you pull the trigger.
The elk shape guys shoot Mathews because the bow shop/range they shoot at is a Mathews dealer. I think they try to push the Mathews brand and their shop on the YouTube channel.
Not bashing Mathews at all because almost all my bows are Mathews!

The pro shop on the other hand I’ve personally had a few bad experiences at. :mad:

Jellymon1

Lil-Rokslider
My advice is not to worry about the speed. At the lower draw lengths you will never be anywhere near the 30” draw guys and trying to will only introduce things that will negatively impact your shooting. Focus on a comfortable bow, a good penetrating arrow setup, and put priority on accuracy.

Elk shape on YouTube has a 27 inch draw length and he has no problems dropping bulls while shooting Mathews. Most modern bows cam systems are highly adjustable to the user, you could easily use a V3 27 at that draw length the range is 25 - 29.5 I would shoot multiple new bows and pick the one that feels best for YOU. As stated before you’re always going to be at a “disadvantage” in the kinetic energy department. You’ll have find ways to balance that out whether it’s a heavier arrow set up or 80lb limbs, short dudes just like tall and normal dudes have been getting it done since this thing jumped off, just do your homework before you pull the trigger.

I totally second this. Try a bunch and see what feels best for you.

I loved the Mathews TX 5, but it's no longer made. You should be able to pick one up on this site's best, or many others out there. Only downside is you may find it a tad heavy. If you don't like short ATA bows itay not work for you
Other options are the Matews V3 IF you fit the minimum DL of 26". The Prima could work well if you don't mind the name.

Posey's Expedite NXT is blazing fast if you don't mind longer ATA bows.

Hoyt's Torex, released last year might be a good choice. So would Bowtech's Solution SD is interesting, too. Basically the same bow as the Eva Shockey with a higher max draw weight (70lbs vs 60lbs) and more manly-colored cams (black vs light blue).

Elite offers a few bows with smurf-friendly DLs as well.

It all comes down to exactly how "short" your DL is with your intended release, and what kind of ATA you prefer. For most hunting here in MA, I like a short ATA bow. You may be most comfortable with something for your style of hunting in the low to mid 30 something inch range.

I think the prima would make a nice bow for shorter draw. I think the numbers are impressive. I might try putting the cams on a different bow.

I just visited one of my favorite shops, and the owner said they were selling tons of Mathews Primas to men. It's been very popular and a great fit, despite being a "woman's" bow. Absolutely worth a shot. No pun intended lol.

HuntnPack

WKR
The Bowtech Solution SD would be a good
Short Draw option. (23.5-28.5 DL)

or Solution SS (25.5-31 DL)
I have the SS, & it is Super Smooth to shoot, quiet, no vibration, tunes easily with adjustable cams, nice draw cycle, excellent grip, balances nicely. fairly fast on performance setting, but comfort setting is my preference.

I just visited one of my favorite shops, and the owner said they were selling tons of Mathews Primas to men. It's been very popular and a great fit, despite being a "woman's" bow. Absolutely worth a shot. No pun intended lol.

Doing the math on it I won't get enough draw length.

Cams will fit, but I won't get the length I need. Likely pickup 4-5 # as they will increase the limb travel too.

Along the lines of the Prima, if you're not iffy about another "woman's" bow, the Hoyt Eclipse could also fit the bill.

TexDoc

Lil-Rokslider
I have to agree with Wes, find the sweet spot for your draw length. I have a 27.5" draw at 70lbs out of a Hoyt RX-5 at 286FPS and shoot a 490-grain FMJ arrow with a FOC of about 13% and I'm getting 75 ft/lbs of energy at release. Plenty of KE even at 60 yds to bring down anything in North America.

I was really impressed with the V327, and my draw length is 26." With the same arrows, the TX5 was slightly faster, but the 5" brace height could make it a bit squirrely on an off day. The V2 27 has a brace height of 6." I also have a Prima on the way, but I stick to 60lbs draw weight, versus the 70lbs you're looking for. That eliminates the Prima.

The PSE Expedite is a super fast offering but it's a bit longer than what I like for ATA. I'm generally liking a 30" or less ATA for hunting situations. For 3D stuff, I don't mind a bit longer, but nothing crazy.

I haven't tried the Bowtec Solution SD but that has my eye.

RJC

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a 26" draw and love my v3. I shoot it at 75lbs which will compensate for the shortness a little bit but it rips and shoots consistently. Rip tkos 455g total