Bow saw vs pocket chainsaw for tipi tent wood

Do yourself a favor and get a silky saw doesn't matter what size depends on how much weight you want to carry. But they are hands down the best saws for this kind of thing

OP
F
Just ordered a Silky Gomboy 240 with large teeth. Thanks guys, I’ll report back after my deer hunts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deadfall

WKR
I use katana boy 500. Little big but can cut bigger stuff for camp fire.
Silky cut like crazy

Mkabrich

FNG
Bow saw for sure. You can use that in any application versus pocket saw that’s only truly suited for small limbs unless you have two people to keep from binding the blade

Dutchman

FNG
The small Silky saws are hard to beat. They don’t weigh too much and are easily packed. The one I have came with its own hard case. Not too expensive on Amazon.

Legend

WKR
As long as it is a silky you can't go wrong. Glad to see all the other comments above agree.

Hunt41

Lil-Rokslider
I just checked. I have the large teeth and it cuts crazy good. I never used s medium tooth Silky. So I can’t compare. Your Silky will cut great!

OP
F
Just to let you all know I bought the Gomboy 240 with large teeth for my Idaho hunt. The hunting was terrible, but the saw was awesome. My buddies were impressed with the speed and the size of dead logs it could handle. They’re all going to be buying one as well. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wyosam

WKR
Unless I’m base camped at the truck, I just break my wood. Works well here, some types of wood are a lot harder to break than others though. I guess a saw would let me burn a little bigger wood, but Would also add a lot of time to wood prep.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk