Bow Scale

Savage99

WKR
I’m looking at picking up the LCA draw weight scale (the one that looks like a luggage scale and has a ring and hook). Could I just hang the scale from a joist in the basement?

Should I build a draw board? As it would likely serve me well moving forward. I have some time here in a few days to build one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Draw board can be pretty useful. Probably worth the time to build it. I guess I'm old fashioned, still just use a 100# hanging spring scale. It's easy to check the accuracy with.

Build the drawboard and check your bow weight inline when you use the drawboard....you need about a 5-6' long 2"x6" if you are adding the scale in. Easy to build the board and great to check to see that the cable or limb stops are sync'd. Also the holding weight, peak weight, exact draw length, etc. Winches and some 3/8" nylon rope are very inexpensive at Princess Auto in Canada, and I expect at Harbor Freight or somewhere comparable in the US.

OP
Savage99

Savage99

WKR
Thanks for the replies. I’ve seen lots on draw boards and such. It’s nice to know how you guys approach things. I’m going to take a crack at it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk