Bow Set Up & Tuning

OR Archer

WKR
How many users here that would like to learn to set up their own equipment and tune it would utilize and pay for a video based appointment? I've been kicking around the idea of setting something like this up to where I would Skype or use another video based service to walk people through tuning their own equipment. At this point it's just an idea that I'm researching. What are your thoughts on such an idea?

I’d be interested in learning for sure, as I just bought a press. I’d be curious on how you’d run the class and the topics, like a bow build from ground up or case by case, based off of what the person would like to learn. Also, what setup would a person need (tools) to get the most from a class? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OR Archer

OR Archer

WKR
It’d be based on what the person wanted. I’d lay out everything they’d need prior to the appointment.

Gumbo

WKR
That's a pretty cool idea. Do you have a pretty solid rack of bows of different types/makes to work on for examples?

OP
OR Archer

OR Archer

WKR
That's a pretty cool idea. Do you have a pretty solid rack of bows of different types/makes to work on for examples?
No but I have experience with just about every brand out there. If it’s not something I’m familiar with then I’d let that be known ahead of time.

Lots of questions to be asked and answered before I go through with this.

Loco4dux

WKR
Sounds like a solid service. I think there might be demand for it. I’d be interested in certain aspects of tuning.

I think it's a good idea. I can see that working well for the consumer. Depends on how much time you have on your end and your flexibility.

NYSKIER

WKR
Not a bad idea I'm sure you would strike up some business. I would say that Gumbo has a decent point. It would be good to get your hands on a variety of bows. I can't speak for everyone but I learn my best from watching someone do something not by just listening

Btaylor

WKR
Any thought of taking the same concept but putting it in an app. Something similar to the Elknut app but for bow setup and tuning. Instead of bull and cow sections, hoyt, matthews, bowtech, etc. Just a thought.

Scottyboy

WKR
I think it’s a good idea, especially for those of us who lack decent shops. I probably owe you already for all the questions I’ve thrown at you and your time on the phone 😀👍