Bow Set Ups and Arrow Set Ups

Zac

WKR
OK since we all have our big big boy pants on........

I stated I agreed with the one bow theory...excepting competitive 3D.

Heres where I'm coming from; Decades of experience in archery/Bowhunting. I shot Sponsored/ competitively for a decade....and have done the multiple bow thing for years ...though it was when I was getting arrows for free.

I am offering you my experience. Yes it was a shortened answer....and yes, I don't understand why some choose not to listen to others with vast experience-its frustrating. I can tell you learning from others with experience in the many facets of life has saved me from making a lot of mistakes....and made me successful in life.

3 bows;

Do you understand that each of the 3 bows has to have dedicated equipment? thats $$$$. They all need to be tuned and maintained.......and with their own arrows/acc. If you want them to shoot right there is a lot that goes into each bow. Then you will have to run all of those arrows on a jig checking each. And that's only part of it for each bow...what about strings, and all of the accessories?

You will need to develop a system for keeping track of everything for chriss sake.

I think the experienced guys would agree....it's a fair amount of work to dial in a new bow...and everything with it. Then there is the fact that you always shoot a bow better when you have shot it a lot. The anchor just feels different with a different bow when you pick it up giving you one more mental hurdle when building a shot.

Is anyone here disagreeing that one bow with an identical backup is better than 3 different bows?

So thats the long answer.....I've been there and did what you are asking...its a PITA and not worth doing.

I will always try to help a new guy....but when they say "F O, I'm doing it anyway..." I can get snarky.

FORUMS; And let me tell you the other side of your complaint about forums... Guys asking questions and doing the opposite. Guys buying something and then posting...then they get mad when guys say its shitty. I just recently had a guy whining, "Thats not the SPECIFIC question I asked you ( DB- insinuated)"

Well yeah, its because I have been there and done that...and am trying to save you the trouble that you don't even know what kind of rathole you are headed towards. Not that I'm the end all expert....I don't comment on stuff I don't feel qualified.

Stupid comments on forums ( not that yours WM is) has driven many quality guys from these forums. I know a top pro- best in the US a few years ago- that was commenting on forums under cover...and he had guys telling him he wasn't giving the OP the answer he wanted to hear...WTF.....he checked out. There is another guy here...very knowledgeable that gave up on AT for the same reasons....and I see his short answers here picked questioned regularly.

If its not what you wanted to hear....you might want to consider there are others here that know a heck of a lot. Unfortunately, many don't post that much....Exactly because of threads like this and the pettiness.

______

I can't even count the guys I have helped over the years and communicated with on these forums....ask those guys if I'm a dick....or some newbie that doesn't know hat he is talking about.

_____

AND thanks for your service ( someone commented you are in the military)......myself and my family appreciate your sacrifice.

______

OK since we all have our big big boy pants on........

I stated I agreed with the one bow theory...excepting competitive 3D.

Heres where I'm coming from; Decades of experience in archery/Bowhunting. I shot Sponsored/ competitively for a decade....and have done the multiple bow thing for years ...though it was when I was getting arrows for free.

I am offering you my experience. Yes it was a shortened answer....and yes, I don't understand why some choose not to listen to others with vast experience-its frustrating. I can tell you learning from others with experience in the many facets of life has saved me from making a lot of mistakes....and made me successful in life.

3 bows;

Do you understand that each of the 3 bows has to have dedicated equipment? thats $$$$. They all need to be tuned and maintained.......and with their own arrows/acc. If you want them to shoot right there is a lot that goes into each bow. Then you will have to run all of those arrows on a jig checking each. And that's only part of it for each bow...what about strings, and all of the accessories?

You will need to develop a system for keeping track of everything for chriss sake.

I think the experienced guys would agree....it's a fair amount of work to dial in a new bow...and everything with it. Then there is the fact that you always shoot a bow better when you have shot it a lot. The anchor just feels different with a different bow when you pick it up giving you one more mental hurdle when building a shot.

Is anyone here disagreeing that one bow with an identical backup is better than 3 different bows?

So thats the long answer.....I've been there and did what you are asking...its a PITA and not worth doing.

I will always try to help a new guy....but when they say "F O, I'm doing it anyway..." I can get snarky.

FORUMS; And let me tell you the other side of your complaint about forums... Guys asking questions and doing the opposite. Guys buying something and then posting...then they get mad when guys say its shitty. I just recently had a guy whining, "Thats not the SPECIFIC question I asked you ( DB- insinuated)"

Well yeah, its because I have been there and done that...and am trying to save you the trouble that you don't even know what kind of rathole you are headed towards. Not that I'm the end all expert....I don't comment on stuff I don't feel qualified.

Stupid comments on forums ( not that yours WM is) has driven many quality guys from these forums. I know a top pro- best in the US a few years ago- that was commenting on forums under cover...and he had guys telling him he wasn't giving the OP the answer he wanted to hear...WTF.....he checked out. There is another guy here...very knowledgeable that gave up on AT for the same reasons....and I see his short answers here picked questioned regularly.

If its not what you wanted to hear....you might want to consider there are others here that know a heck of a lot. Unfortunately, many don't post that much....Exactly because of threads like this and the pettiness.

______

I can't even count the guys I have helped over the years and communicated with on these forums....ask those guys if I'm a dick....or some newbie that doesn't know hat he is talking about.

_____

AND thanks for your service ( someone commented you are in the military)......myself and my family appreciate your sacrifice.

______
Would that archer happen to be Nathan Brooks?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
OK......I have three bows.......all three are all set up in similar manner.......all three could shoot the same arrows. But all three are vastly different. In the last 6 years I've only really shot one bow, and I shoot that bow for everything. It's been set at 75lbs and is right at a measured 32 7/8" draw length. I use it for every hunt I get a tag for, I use it for every competition, and I use it year round. That's my bow. The other two just hang there.......until or if I need one of them.

I have 2 Prime CT series bows. Nearly identical specs besides ATA and draw weight. Each has particular functions but one arrow setup for each bow that satisfies each use.

CT9 #65 - 2 pin mover - turkey/3D/antelope - sighted with field points and shoots mechanicals great at the distances I need for game.

CT5 #82 - 4 pin mover - deer/elk - sighted and tuned to fixed bh only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nvkevin

FNG
Two bows setup identical is invaluable, unless you like wasting your hunting days on chasing parts back in town. Had it happen to a hunter of mine this past August. He showed up from Texas for an archery deer hunt. When he pulled his primary bow out at camp to shoot it, it was shooting all over the place. After checking it out, we found that the cable slid was broken. No worries, he pulled out his backup bow and started smacking the X-ring at 50 yards like nothing happened. Had he not been prepared with a backup, we would have had to head back to town (3 hours away) and wait for the archery shop to open the next morning (it was Sunday) to get the part needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shawn_Guinn

Lil-Rokslider
My 2 cents, I’m not a competitive shooter so hunting and 3-d only. I have a primary and a back up. Primary gets 90 percent of my attention my back up is always a retired model I’ve shot before my new acquisition. Only needed a back up one time but when you need it you need it. As far as arrows go I like 550 ish grain arrows but I’m 30 inch draw 73 lbs gets me mid 270’s makes tuning fixed heads easy. 12 -17 percent foc makes a good compromise. Black eagle renegades and rampages fit the bill for me without having to use extra components. Knocks wholes in animals with a little room for error if shots not perfect.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I think you don't want to hear our opinions, you want to hear your opinion come out of our mouths.

But, what do I know? I only owned an archery shop for years, worked at others, and set up thousands of bows over the years. You can buy as many bows as you want, it's your money.

90%+ of shots on eastern game are sub 30 yds. Yet you are running a multi pin mover on that bow, why?

Western shots can be 10 yds to 70+ yds and you are running a single pin mover? You got your sight setups bassackwards.

You afraid of something by running arrows 2in longer than your DL?

I'm gonna go read your thread about wounding deer with a rifle now, I need a good laugh.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I only use a hunting bow, I have another one for the tree stand, but I don't usually use it
with a single bow it is easier to have confidence in the shot at that critical moment, since you know it well, just my opinion