Bow sight

Alright so I am in the market for a sight for my new bow. What’s your guys take. Multi pin or single pin?

also I am set on a dove tail sight.

what’s your favorite dove tail sight single and multi

using for hunting.. thanks

CBE Engage Hybrid. It’s a slider. I shoot the 3-pin, but it comes in 5 and 1 pin as well. 4 position dovetail, enclosed fiber, metal sight tapes, micro adjustable, 2nd and 3rd axis adjustment....solidly built.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lukemcd44

FNG
CBE Engage Hybrid. It’s a slider. I shoot the 3-pin, but it comes in 5 and 1 pin as well. 4 position dovetail, enclosed fiber, metal sight tapes, micro adjustable, 2nd and 3rd axis adjustment....solidly built.

Alright so I am in the market for a sight for my new bow. What’s your guys take. Multi pin or single pin?

also I am set on a dove tail sight.

what’s your favorite dove tail sight single and multi

using for hunting.. thanks
Have you ever thought about trying out the EZ-V sight?

CB4

WKR
I wrote something very similar yesterday. I have used CBE, MBG and Spot Hogg. I strongly prefer a 3 pin for hunting. I tried a single pin but you never know how long an animal will stay still for you and could walk a little ways between you ranging them, drawing back and being able to shoot.

CBE - I will never use again, their customer service was horrible. The Outdoor Group has hurt every company that they have acquired IMO.

MBG Ascent Verdict Assault - very good sight and well built. However the overall mechanical of the slider were very rough, that is my main gripe about it.

Spot Hogg Tommy Hogg - (my current sight) very impressed from the moment I opened the box. Im glad I went with it over the tommy hogg. There are zero mechanical issues, it is built better than either of the other two. I will eventually try their new 3 pin vertical housing but their current multi pin housing is phenomenal as well. If you got a Hagg Father you would be very pleased.

BucksNBulls

Lil-Rokslider
Option Archery 8s. Best sight I've ever owned. Its a hybrid single pin slider and also a fixed pin sight. The fixed pins fold out of the way if you want to see just the single pin slider. It has the dove tail also.

cured_ham

WKR
I am going to have a hard time not buying a Spott Hogg. They're just so freaking durable.

If you go spot hogg or MBG check out S&S archery. You can custom order them how you want. I have the FE XL and MBG Pro and prefer the MBG. Rather have the dial of the SH on it but other then that I prefer it. Whichever way you go i would vote for the 3 pin model also.

Reactions: ZDR

Grit2

Lil-Rokslider
I have an Axcel Armortech-HD Vision Pro Sight (5 Pin .010") and I've been thrilled with it. micro adjust pins and housing

mavinwa2

WKR
Res WA ST, winter>Gilbert AZ , NR>AZ, UT, NM, CO.
Spot Hogg Father, loved the single pin but last season converted to double pin. Like the more open sight picture of less pins for my aging eyesight. And helps on focus when excitement builds up prior to shot.
On my sight tape, difference between 2 pins is 15 yards. Usually still hunt with 1st/main pin set at 40 yards. Aim lower if shot at 20 yards.
Stand hunting, pre range around me...still usually set main pin at 40 yards.

practice, practice, practice...to know how your bow-sight performs with pin set at various ranges.

I have had zero issues with CBE, Elite, Winner’s Choice, or Solid Broadheads or any company under The Outdoor Group umbrella. Their customer service has been nothing but helpful. I’ve only had 1 small issue that was my fault which they took care of.

Just got an email from S&S showing a new Spot Hogg 3-pin vertical sight housing with adjustable pins and 3 indicators. Looks really nice! But sadly it is still pre-order.

tomatz

Lil-Rokslider
CBE is coming out with the CX-5, a five pin fixed sight, carbon dovetail slide rail. Looks like it isn’t to bad. Pre order right now. I found one for $139.99 with free shipping.