Bow site question?

Didn't want to hijack the slider thread so I'm just curious what the slider sights are all about I don't know much about them and do they offer any benefit or are better than one that is not I shoot a spot Hogg SDP real deal and I was just curious as the slider made me think and question about these?

Craig4791

WKR
I am just this year changing to a multi-pin slider (4 pin) from a single pin slider that i have been using the past few years. The reasons for me are less adjusting the sight as most all of my shots i have ever taken on game with a bow have been in the 20-50 yard range and if i happen to take a 60-70 yard shot i like that i can dial right in on it and still have a clear sight picture that doesn't confuse me in the moment trying to count pins. Also i can now practice out to 100yds to improve my shooting without having a ton of pins in the sight picture.

Yep. If you have a 4 pin sight, you can have 30-40-50-60 on one setting. Slide the sight up and you now have 70-80-90-100. Lot easier than have 8 pins. I would love to pick up a quality 4 or 5 pin slider.

Mike

OP
cali_hornhunter
Wow!!! Hmmm..... This is interesting and totally makes sense what sights would you reccomend im thinking spot hogg. Everyone else feel free to speak there opinion

OR Archer

WKR
Yep. If you have a 4 pin sight, you can have 30-40-50-60 on one setting. Slide the sight up and you now have 70-80-90-100. Lot easier than have 8 pins. I would love to pick up a quality 4 or 5 pin slider.

Mike

Sorry but it doesn't work that way. Pin gaps are totally different so this wont work with a multi pin slider. You will have to dedicate one of the pins as your adjustable pin when sighting past your set yardages of 20-60 or however you have them set.

Lawnboi

WKR
I like a multi pin slider because at close range I don't want to have to adjust, and at long range id rather be able to dial it exactly in than have to gap it

Maxhunter

WKR
Like others have stated not a lot of clutter from other pins and you'll definitely see you target better IMO. If you do use a multiple pin slider you can use the bottom pin as your adjustable pin past what ever range it's set at. A lot of folks prefer this type over 7 pin stationery sights.

RUTTIN

WKR
I shoot a 3 pin Black Gold Ascent. I chose the 3 pin because like the others less clutter. I set my first pin for 27yds. with my bow that puts me about 3 inches high at 20yds. and 3 inches low at 30yds. the next pin 40 and the last at 50. I then used Archers Advantage software to make my sight tape. The bottom pin (50yds.) is my floater, when I adjust my slider for any yardage past 50 I use the bottom pin to aim with.

I love having a multi pin slider. Quick shots out to 60 yards, and then the adjustability for shots longer than that...with a pin for the exact yardage every shot is.
I have a MBG Ascent 5 pin, and also just ordered a CBE Tek Hybrid 5 pin. That sight looks amazing!

swat8888

WKR
Would love to hear you opinions of CBE vs. the Black Gold....I'm currently debating on which of those two to get although I'm looking to go 3-4 pin. 30-40-50-slider ideally.

Sorry but it doesn't work that way. Pin gaps are totally different so this wont work with a multi pin slider. You will have to dedicate one of the pins as your adjustable pin when sighting past your set yardages of 20-60 or however you have them set.

Thanks for the correction don't know why I thought it was the way I said, never used one!

Mile

garrickt

Lil-Rokslider
Would love to hear you opinions of CBE vs. the Black Gold....I'm currently debating on which of those two to get although I'm looking to go 3-4 pin. 30-40-50-slider ideally.

Both are very nice sights for the most part. The Black Gold seem to be a little tougher and with brighter pins. I am currently waiting on my 2012 CBE Tek Hybrid to be returned to me after having to send it back to have all of the pins replaced. I was quite disappointed after all of the great things I heard about them. The way the fibers were routed left them very susceptible to breaking, which they did and the light mount was useless where it is located. Honestly I am hoping they send me an upgraded 2013 as it looks like these issues have been fixed. If not I will give the 2012 one more chance. Any issues and I will be replacing it with a Black Gold Ascent dovetail with 3 or 4 pin head.

vcb

WKR
Which spot hogg sight would be the best for this kind of sight?
I picked the tommy hogg. Reason is I like to use a 2 piece attached quiver.( go to spot hogss website and look where the dial is located) If you detach your quiver then a boss hogg might be better. The Hogg father is the top of the line.

vcb

WKR
Sure the hogg father is the same as the tommy but its on a dovetail mount. This mount allows you to put the sight closer or further away from you so you can " frame" your peep sight perfectly. You have two different mounting holes in the tommy but again the father is the cream of the crop. The next question you should ask yourself is do you want a single pin slider or a multiple pin slider. As you can tell everybody has different preferences