Bow sling/protector?

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
My current pack list includes a Primos bow sling that I usually use when I'm going to and from whitetail stands. It weighs 10oz. I don't think I really need a sling - I'm just looking for something to protect the bow when it is strapped to my pack. Any suggestions for something that is lighter?

Boudreaux

Lil-Rokslider
Check out the bowslicker by Alpine Innovations, BlackOvis has their cobranded listed at 5 oz.

Thanks,
Boswell

OXN939

WKR
My current pack list includes a Primos bow sling that I usually use when I'm going to and from whitetail stands. It weighs 10oz. I don't think I really need a sling - I'm just looking for something to protect the bow when it is strapped to my pack. Any suggestions for something that is lighter?

There's also this from Dick's, which looks pretty similar and is $15.

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
I found the KUIU SFS BOW KIT at 3oz, which is exactly what I had in mind, but it only goes to 34" axle-to-axle, and I have a 35" bow. Still looking.

nwcurt

FNG
I had that Kuiu one for my Carbon Icon bow. Perfect for super light protection. Then I got an Elite 35 and it's too short. Searched all over and ended up with a Muley Freak one. Basically the same thing as the Kuiu one but it fits the longer bow (barely). About as light as it can get. It shows as "out of stock" and unavailable on the Muley Freak website right now, but I got mine at Sierra Trading Post of all places. I thought it was a great deal at $19, but it looks like it's just $10 right now! https://www.sierra.com/muley-freak-stealth-bow-cover~p~501dx/?filterString=s~muley-freak/

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
I had that Kuiu one for my Carbon Icon bow. Perfect for super light protection. Then I got an Elite 35 and it's too short. Searched all over and ended up with a Muley Freak one. Basically the same thing as the Kuiu one but it fits the longer bow (barely). About as light as it can get. It shows as "out of stock" and unavailable on the Muley Freak website right now, but I got mine at Sierra Trading Post of all places. I thought it was a great deal at $19, but it looks like it's just $10 right now! https://www.sierra.com/muley-freak-stealth-bow-cover~p~501dx/?filterString=s~muley-freak/
Thanks! It does look very similar to the Kuiu one, but it says it is 9.5oz. Is that accurate?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

nwcurt

FNG
I think that's shipping weight. I just tossed mine on the scale and the sight cover is 0.5 oz and the sling is 2.8 oz. The whole sling fits inside the sight cover, too, so it's about the size of a tennis ball in your pack at 3.3 oz. Crazy deal for that price.

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
I think that's shipping weight. I just tossed mine on the scale and the sight cover is 0.5 oz and the sling is 2.8 oz. The whole sling fits inside the sight cover, too, so it's about the size of a tennis ball in your pack at 3.3 oz. Crazy deal for that price.
You rule!

nwcurt

FNG
What bow are you putting it on? It barely gets on an Elite Energy 35, but it will fit. If you have a different 35 ATA but it has huge cams it might not work. Just a thought.

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
What bow are you putting it on? It barely gets on an Elite Energy 35, but it will fit. If you have a different 35 ATA but it has huge cams it might not work. Just a thought.
Hoyt RX-1 Ultra with 35" ATA. I figured it might not work, but at $10 I'm willing to take the risk. If it doesn't fit, I have a friend who can use it. Thanks!

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Sitka Bow Sling.
Thanks. From what I could tell from a 3rd party vendor, this weighs 12.8oz, presumably due to the padding for protection.

tlkaetz

WKR
Thanks. From what I could tell from a 3rd party vendor, this weighs 12.8oz, presumably due to the padding for protection.

Sorry I somehow missed that you wanted something lighter than 10oz. I still am a huge fan of this sling. Great protection for bow, sight and arrows!