Bow Slings

NYSKIER

WKR
Debating whether or not to get a bowsling for when I'm hiking to protect my cam. Seems like it would be easier to access than having my bow strapped to my pack however I feel that having is slung over my shoulder in addition to my pack an bino harness could get annoying. Anyone use a bowsling or have any thoughts on them

ahlgringo

WKR
I put the sling on- then strapped to back of my pack- that is when hiking in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laker

FNG
For me, I will use the bow sling with the padded cam pockets and attach to my pack for the hike in. This way it is well secured and protected. When you are ready to hunt/stalk or what have you. Shed the pack and grab the bow. Remove the sling when you feel your close to shooting. Then try and remember where you left everything.
Protecting you bow is paramount, especially on a hike in hunt. I actually use a primos sling with padded limb pockets and add an extra Kuiu bow sling overtop it. It does not have padding in the limb pockets but really adds to make it well protected. Then when walking without the pack I have the choice as to which sling I want to use. Rocky terrain the primos is better with the padded pockets. And the kuiu for i do not need protection from rock damage. Also in snowny conditions the slings will keep snow and freezing rain off of your bow.

OP
N

NYSKIER

WKR
Great thanks for the input guys I think I'm going to go ahead an pick up a primos one. Seems like it can't hurt to have

yak

Lil-Rokslider
I bought one, but never used it in the backcountry. I found I would pack it into the hills and it would never get used. They're somewhat awkward to sling around your shoulder with a backpack on IMO. Send me a PM if your interested in a slightly used Primos sling.

oldgoat

WKR
I loved mine when I shot compounds, actually was able to get it off the bow and shoot a cow elk that I walked into unexpectedly at 20yds. Only used daypack in those days so I can't comment on it's use with a backpack, but think it would be the same for the most part. If I went back to compounds, it would be an immediate priority purchase with the rest of the bow accessories!