Bow string

OP
Button

Button

WKR
My string just exploded on me. It was 15 months old. So I will be getting a new string.

JD Jones

WKR
My local shop pushes a few but the tech I trust fully says ghost hands down so that’s how I went on my V3

Reactions: Zac

NY12020

FNG
JBK Bowstrings 2 year warranty
Jeff's (JBK) strings are awesome; great attention to detail; great price; warranty against creep, peep rotation and serving separation. As far as material; i tried the VEC-99 on my last set...i was a bit skeptical that my peep and servings wouldn't move with how slick the material is. I was wrong...this is the best material i have ever used; it has more Vectran than 452X so its even more stable. Zero fuzzing so far even after dragging it around the woods all hunting season.

Margotron

FNG
There’s like a hundred string makers. This is tough.

Anyone better at certain bow manufacturers?

I have had a bunch of Vapor Trails with ZERO issues.
I've been using Vapor Trail for the last 2 years and have had nothing but issues with serving separation even after a replacement string on my bottom cam. Maybe it's my RX-1 but I'm just not happy with their quality. I live in MN and actually drove over to their office to talk to them about it and they were super nice to work with but the strings are just not doing it for me. I'm thinking about going to GAS this time around.

2blade

WKR
I like JBK as well. Lead time is a month but you will get 2 years out of his strings no problem. I've tried Catfish, 60x, Americas Best, and Winners Choice. Winners Choice lasted the longest out of those 4.

I do not like 452x, it stretches to much, ATA spec was out a 1/4" in a year or so which results in a weight drop of 2 to 4 lbs for me. BCY-X was great material and I guess X-99 is the replacement. Brownells Rampage is very good too. I think Vec-99 is the same as X-99 other than being so slick? going to finish up tuning a bow with this material today and see how it goes over the next 2 years.

NY12020

FNG
I think Vec-99 is the same as X-99 other than being so slick? going to finish up tuning a bow with this material today and see how it goes over the next 2 years.
Vec99 has a higher percentage of Vectran than BCY X99 does; as does 452X. So for stability i would put vec99 first, then 452x, then x99. Trouble with vectran is that it fuzzes quickly; but the coating on the vec99 has eliminated this issue at least so far on my strings. Some of the differences in materials are due to the grade of dyneema used. BCY X and BCY X99 are the same blend except the x99 uses a higher grade dyneema; but same percentages of the fibers. Same thing for 452x and 454.