Bow strings

jm1607

WKR
Who makes the best bow strings nowadays? 60x?

I haven't bought new strings in quite a while... Need some for my Prime Rize..

Thanks

Actually just talked to prime, they recommended Gas, but there were a few others they like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Banned
OP
jm1607

jm1607

WKR
I'm glad I asked cause I've never heard of them lol. Will check them out.

Last set I got was from Catfish Customs cause everyone was raving about them/him. I've had a couple issues with them right off the bat so I want to go a different direction this time around...

wayoh22

WKR
GAS, catfish customs, 60x, buckslayer seem to be the main go-to's. Not many bow string makers are bad nowadays. If you go with GAS be prepared for ~month wait time to get them made. Ordered mine Aug 13th and estimated time for them to be made was Sept 24th. There was thread about this yesterday or the day before so just a friendly mention to use the search bar too to avoid clutter

JoeDirt

WKR
My pro shop installed some ABB premium strings on my bow. No complaints the serving on the premium strings is though stuff.

60x is nice if you're in a hurry as you can order from their ready to ship inventory. I've never had Catfish take longer than a week.

I'll second GAS, and add a plug for BC Strings and Hogwire as well but same story with all three of those...it'll take a good long while. I have two bows shooting ABB Platinums right now and they are fantastic strings however they will run you $170-180 retail and despite everyone else's insistence to the contrary, I have found them to have a very long settling/break in period. That being said, both I and a buddy have those strings in the neighborhood of several thousand shots and my ATA hasn't changed and my peep hasn't rotated.

I'd be curious what your issue was with Catfish @jm1607 ? I've definitely had to move speed nocks that were bumping cams and twist cables fairly consistently to get in spec, but once I got things settled and adjusted the strings exhibited minimal stretch and peep rotation.

Painless

FNG
Rogue R21 are the best I have used, archeryshack out of South Carolina makes good strings as well as JBK strings.

Swampwise

FNG
Only strings I've used are JBK Customs. Can't speak for others because I've never had a reason to try others. I've bought 6 sets and been pleased with every set. I had Gas on my Xpedition and they seemed fine but I went with vec99, recommended by Jeff at JBK, and really like them so far. As far as the string material I liked Fury and Rampage, but love Mercury. It's soft at the shot and picked up a little speed on my Elite Impulse 31. The 454 from Gas on the Xpedition seemed to me to have more of a "crack" at the shot not too loud but not as soft as Mercury or Vec99. So far the Vec99 and Mercury are my favorites.

Zac

WKR
I have used Gas, ABB, and Threadz. Settled on Threadz due to being able to just throw on a pair with little to no adjustment. ABB were a huge dissapointment. Wore through the serving around the cam within a few hundred shots. Gas strings served me fairly well. Just had to twist up the cables quite a bit. Threadz went on and timed out perfectly. Didn't have to touch the cables, hit spot on at 70 lbs as well. Timing was still spot on after 150 shots. Their turn around is extremely fast as well, they ship the same day. That being said, I would like to try Buck Slayer. Trail Kreitzer said you never have to worry about the peep turning on you when you draw back. I have mostly minimized this with the Threadz with Gillingham's half hitch system. However there is still some rotation. I have been able to control it fairly well by simply turning the D loop to match up with the peep.

OP
jm1607

jm1607

WKR
Thanks for all the replies guys. Found some older threads too.

And the winner is.... :)

Decided to go with Buckmaster

Reactions: Zac