bow tune issues? ? ?

OP
E
I put paint on fletchings to check rest clearance, all good in that department. after hundreds of shots of frustration I am starting to see improvement. I loosened up my wrist strap on my release to increase draw length a little and that helped. from there I was close and then tweeked the rest again til I was getting pretty straight flight. Im at 15/16 to center of arrow and am getting best bare shaft flight there. just seems goofy to have the rest way over there when factory center shot is at 13/16. Guess an eighth isnt a ton but seems weird.

Wherever it tunes. Some bows are just that way. Sometimes it's a combination or grip rotation and pressure, draw length, arrow spine both static and dynamic, cable guard flexis adjustment, and tolerances of all assembled parts of the bow and bow they fit together and interact.

Make sure your release is not too long now placing the trigger too far out on your finger. Good way to test what the issue is but ultimately I would get the bow adjusted to lengthen the draw.

Pramo

WKR
I just got a Centergy and having the same issue of broadheads left/bareshaft tail right. I don't think it's me I can group out to 80 yards with field tips and broadheads on my prime rival and Hoyt CST. I did notice the bottom cam has a slight lean away from the riser and I figure this is the problem so I'm going swap the limbs and play with spacers and see if I can get it fixed.

It's a shame I really liked the specs of the bow hopefully I can get it shooting correct

Brendan

WKR
I just got a Centergy and having the same issue of broadheads left/bareshaft tail right. I don't think it's me I can group out to 80 yards with field tips and broadheads on my prime rival and Hoyt CST. I did notice the bottom cam has a slight lean away from the riser and I figure this is the problem so I'm going swap the limbs and play with spacers and see if I can get it fixed.

It's a shame I really liked the specs of the bow hopefully I can get it shooting correct

Have you moved the rest and adjusted the flex guard yet? For a right handed archer with this bow:

• Rest Left
• Shim Cam(s) to the Right (You can measure and swap the plastic spacers using calipers)
• Crank down flex guard for more sideways string pressure / more string clearance.

I was able to tune my Hybrid using just the rest, but didn't like that the arrow was left of centershot, so swapped limbs and spacers and it brought everything in line.

Last edited:

Brendan

WKR
I can almost get it to tune moving my rest towards the riser but it's way out of center shot then. Here are a few pics, you can see the bottom cam lean which leads me to think swapping the limbs will fix it. Perfect bare shaft with my rival and the nock right with centergy

View attachment 63850

View attachment 63851

View attachment 63852
Can't see any of your pictures, but my initial reaction is you should be moving the rest left, away from the riser. I'd set back to centershot, bottom out the flexis, and try from there to see what happens.