Bow tuning questions

OP
rsiwuda

rsiwuda

Lil-Rokslider
My bad, only drawing 30" instead of 31"
It's all good I thought you were trolling. You have X30 mods and you need X31 mods in order to get up to 31 look at the picture I attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191016-200104_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20191016-200104_Drive.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 14

dguns18

FNG
It's all good I thought you were trolling. You have X30 mods and you need X31 mods in order to get up to 31 look at the picture I attached.

I have the x31mods...

Attachments

• 20191016_221808.jpg
    20191016_221808.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 12

Gumbo

WKR
I have the x31mods...

It must be asked if you are measuring DL correctly. Pivot point (furthest forward portion of grip PLUS 1.75"). I'm sure you are doing it right but that might be the reason for the discrepancy.

dguns18

FNG
It must be asked if you are measuring DL correctly. Pivot point (furthest forward portion of grip PLUS 1.75"). I'm sure you are doing it right but that might be the reason for the discrepancy.

The silver line just visible in front if the riser is 30".
20190913_220024.jpg

I was just scrolling through and thought about hijacking this page or just trolling to be a pain in your butt. Im intrigued that you are still dead set at your place on using 452x material, do you offer others? I agree it is one of the most stable materials out there but I believe there are better materials out there. 110 is a great price though if they are built to a good quality.

What are your thoughts on saying screw the paper tune and just broadhead tune? I have a hoyt that I had to do this with, I could achive a bareshaft hole but the broad heads flew awful then. It really bothered me as I get very caught up in the details and have worked in archery for 9 years and shot on some big stages... Then I realized, its a hunting bow, if it shoots broadheads to 100 yards with the field points then why do I care what it does through paper??

OP
rsiwuda

rsiwuda

Lil-Rokslider
I was just scrolling through and thought about hijacking this page or just trolling to be a pain in your butt. Im intrigued that you are still dead set at your place on using 452x material, do you offer others? I agree it is one of the most stable materials out there but I believe there are better materials out there. 110 is a great price though if they are built to a good quality.

What are your thoughts on saying screw the paper tune and just broadhead tune? I have a hoyt that I had to do this with, I could achive a bareshaft hole but the broad heads flew awful then. It really bothered me as I get very caught up in the details and have worked in archery for 9 years and shot on some big stages... Then I realized, its a hunting bow, if it shoots broadheads to 100 yards with the field points then why do I care what it does through paper??
Sounds like you have a good system if there shooting like that at 100 I'd say your good to go.

Florida Bow Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Some bows need a little cam lean to tune and shoot right. Now if its cutting your serving then of course its a problem.

I tried taking the slight cam lean out of my Hoyt Spyder turbo and it would not tune.....put a little cam lean back and it shoots bullet holes in paper and multiple BH's right with FP's to the same POI at 50 yds.

I’ve found with hybrid cams such as a Hoyt, cam lean in some instances is permissible except while @ full draw. @ full draw, I’ve gotten my best bulletholes thru paper and best grouping with broad heads when there is no lean. @ rest ? A slight lean won’t kill but I prefer to not have any lean, period.

Cam timing is also key. Cam stop hitting the string stop insynche top and bottom. I feel crucial to the tuning.

I’m not a fan of moving a well placed rest very much, micro touch here or there to clean up a paper tear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
asdew04