Bow tuning

Ok tuning question. I am messing around with a bear weather rest and aae vanes out of my 52lb ilf setup. I am having vane contact on my riser just before the rest but my bare shaft tuning is perfect. Any ideas if that is an issue? I am shooting full length 340 ics hunters with 245 grains upfront. If my bareshafts are perfect should i even worry about it?

MadDawg

Lil-Rokslider
Have you tried shooting broad heads? Broadheads will give you the nitty gritty on how your arrows actually are, and ive never ran the aaes but if they are as flexible as they say they are it should be the same difference as feathers. But go ahead and sling an arrow with a broadhead and that will show you any problems. I personally have had 340s bare shaft perfect, but show a little stiff with a big broadhead. Just my .02:)

GregB

WKR
Shoot your fletched and bare shaft together. If they group then I wouldn't think its an issue.

Beendare

WKR
Bareshaft tells you what's going on. If it bare shafts fine...then its the vane clearance...or a form issue.

FWIW, I shoot a bunch of bareshafts. I play around with my form when I do- different tab placement, etc...and you can see how important form is when doing this.