Bowcases

kodiakfly

WKR
Depends on what you're doing with it. Flying? Or just to and from the local range and hunting? If you're flying with it, I'd recommend an SKB Iseries. I got one and it's as good as it gets. Flown with it more than once and it's been great. The wheels are great at the airport.

boom

WKR
Which bowcase would you recommend and why? Thinking about getting a skb for my new energy 32.

i have a SKB double bow case for my energy 35. to tell you the truth, the SKB case only keeps honest folks out. i have the TSA one, so i fly with it.

i once broke a key into the lock. i literrally just pretended like it wasnt there and opened the latch. springs and plastic bits went everywhere. i clasped the 3 remaining locks (one TSB, two lock-less latches), and got on the plane. no issues.

SKB sent me two new TSB latches and was stunned that they are held in place by 1/4" sheet metal screws.

it's a good case. i can fit my bow, and all my camo in there. i carry my binos and range finder with me as carry on. the case is just not that secure.

next time i am looking at a Pelican.

my SKB is pretty heavy even empty..so i take care not to crest that 50lb limit. i dont know about the new line of SKB stuff..

Craig4791

WKR
SKB if you want an all around good case. If you want a bulletproof case look into Pelican.

boom

WKR
The I series looks great! They very much improved. Damn. I want one. Very similar to the pelicans.

DWarcher

WKR
Here's another vote for the SKB I-Series...I'm currently using the 4214. It's been beat to heck by baggage handlers and is still goin' strong.