Bowcast at snowbird

Elc1973

FNG
Anyone tried this shoot? I live about 4 hours from there and am thinking of trying it this year. Think it would be a blast and a huge learning experience. I've heard the hardest shot was a coyote at 140 yds downhill! Guess I better bring a bunch of extra arrows!

The most fun you can have with your bow! Besides hunting of course. I have been every year and it just keeps getting crazier! I posted a few pics of the 2011 shoot on here about a year ago whether or not that thread still exists i don't know. And yes you might need a few extra arrows.

This will probably be the LAST year for it!!! FMP (Full Moon Productions) has split and I spoke with Anthony a few weeks ago and he said that as of that point he was still going to do it this year. Its a great shoot and challenging with different courses and distances to targets on them. Look into all.

OP
E

Elc1973

FNG
Have they updated the website on it yet? Last I looked it had the dates from last year. If this is the last year I'm definatly going, should be a blast I'm no 3-d shooter but love the challenge and it sounds like it matches the shots I take during hunting

sk1

WKR
I'm going this year if they have it, haven't made it in the past I hope they do it this year.... I've heard rumors of it ending and have been hoping it doesn't

OP
E

Elc1973

FNG
Just looked at the site and it is on the 12th through the 14th of July, can't wait now just have to wait for the snow to melt so I can start shooting outside I need the practice for sure!

Dixon sold bowcast at the bird, so he could focus on 46 rail, his clothing company he has been trying to put out for a few years.
Sean DeGrey is going to be running it from now on. After this year they are going to change the name to the total archery challenge or something, and take it to a bunch of different states. It sounds like the shoot this year will be toned down from previous years because of the damage to the mountain from as many people that shot. They are also having a pop up course this year
All of this info is from the latest podcast from bowcast.

Heard the same as broken compass. Bowcast had a ton of changes this year as did team FMP. Dixon is with Elite now, Monsen is at Easton, and Robbins gave up the host chair. I hope they loop in a shoot in Washington state.

amp713

WKR
I've been to previous years and it was the best thing ever!!!!! Little concerned how this year will be but I'm sure it will be fun regardless!!!

Where in Utah is it? A buddy and I have discussed going several times, maybe this year will be the year.

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Bogus challenge is a similarly themed shoot just outside Boise at Bogus Basin Ski area. I think it's scheduled for June.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Its now called "Fittest bow hunter in the west challenge" & its put on by Train to hunt. I think thats what you guys are talking about anyway. It looks awesome! I think I am going to do the Washington event in Spokane.

J-Daddy

WKR
I shot Bowcast @ the Bird 2 years ago and it was a fun shoot....Some crazy long, steep shots "better have a rangefinder and a sight that will hit atleast 100yds" and it was a good time...Snowbird is a beautiful area too, some great scenery to shoot in for sure plus we glassed up moose & mountain goats while shooting and that's always cool to a Midwest guy like myself.

MTtrout

WKR
Sweet just moved to slc and will defiantly be going. Sounds like it will be good experience as I moved from NY and only hunted from a tree stand.

Patch

FNG
elc1973, Bow Cast at the bird was fun, but like I told Nick, I went to The Bogus Challenge last year and it was more fun for me. The extreme elk course was a more realistic experience more like what I hunt. I will for goe the Bird to go to Bogus this year as well.

J-Daddy

WKR
Sweet just moved to slc and will defiantly be going. Sounds like it will be good experience as I moved from NY and only hunted from a tree stand.

You better have a setup for long range...You show up with the typical eastern whitetail rig setup for 40yds max and your gonna losing a lot of arrows. If they set the course like the normally do it's not for the guys scared of a 100yd shot that's for sure.