Bowhunting Predators

Yes they do. Is it tough to do? You bet it is. Using an electronic call where legal helps. You just said predators so that leaves a lot questions unanswered. Fox is smallest target for an archer but the easiest to call in areas that have fox. Coyotes are probably the hardest because they use their nose so much. Coyotes in most areas are the most plentiful. Bobcats are the easiest to get a shot at if and when you can find one to call. Ground blinds can really benefit you on cats and fox but a lot of coyotes, not all, will have no part of the blinds. Just finding a hungry "foolish" mountain lion could turn into a lifetime challenge.
Tell us more about where you plan to hunt and what species and maybe we could share more tips.

OP
Vangysway

Vangysway

FNG
Thanks very much for your reply. I really appreciate it.

I will be hunting in southern California primarily where I can legally use an electronic call. I've been looking at the Icotec Gen2 GC300 and the Icotec Gen2 GC320. Do you think the added element of the decoy would be helpful to get them into bow range? I was also thinking of just making a little stake with some light material that could blow in the wind.

As far as what I'm after, I would be happy to kill any predator really. My focus will be on coyotes, bobcats, and grey fox.

Beendare

WKR
I'm about 3 for 16 with a bow calling them. Those suckers spot movement and pick you off....and they can jump an arrow like no other animal. I somehow missed one at about 5'.

A mojo or other decoy is almost a necessity...... helps direct their attention away from you

SoDaky

WKR
If possible,use a tree stand for coyotes.Shoot a few every year from them.Often can get multiples if your first victim spins and makes noise while staying near by.