Bowhunting shots and string jumping

Tradtiger

FNG
Certainly, get the bow as quiet as possible. However, there is another factor often forgotten: noise of the approaching arrow. Couple the recognition of a deer hearing the arrow nearby with it's lightning-fast reflexes, and it can move out of the way of an arrow. There is a video of Tim Wells shooting long distance at a mule deer. No way, the deer hears the string release, but it does move when the arrow gets close. Less prominent fletching will reduce noise of the arrow.

Simple reality says most trad bows are not as quiet as new compounds. Or, at least any more quiet. I hunt with both and have had more problems at 10-15 yards then I've had 25-40. If the animal is close enough that the bow noise itself causes the reaction, it is a problem. If they are far enough away that the bow noise doesn't startle them, then they are reacting to the arrow hissing as it comes in. Which most times means dead if the shot was decent to start off with.

A lot of people say I'm wrong about that but, I am certain I'm not. I've killed a lot of stuff with compounds and trad bows and this has been my experience.

Edit: I posted before I read the whole thread. It appears there are more real deal trad hunters here then most other sites. Because others have pointed this out. And, as stated above, parabolic fletch creates less noise then any of them.